Petroleum Technical Officer II Jobs at The Energy Regulatory Commission
Ref. No ERC/TOP/01
The Energy Regulatory Commission (the Commission) is a State Corporation established under the Energy Act, 2006. The Commission is the sector regulatory agency responsible for economic and technical regulation of electric power, renewable energy and downstream petroleum sub-sectors.
Reporting to the Petroleum Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical advice and support in the development of petroleum standards, regulations and tariffs.
The jobholder will also be responsible for enforcement of standards and regulations, undertaking compliance and conformity audits, processing of applications for construction permits for petroleum facilities, processing of petroleum business license applications, monitoring of petroleum stockholding by oil marketing companies and handling of petroleum related inquiries directed to the Commission.
Technical Officer Job Key Responsibilities
- Processing and issuance of petroleum business licenses in accordance with the established regulations;
- Processing and issuance of construction permits for petroleum installations;
- Carrying out compliance and conformity audits of petroleum facilities;
- Enforcement of standards on quality of petroleum products, facilities and petroleum handling equipment;
- Receiving and responding to petroleum related inquiries;
- Monitoring of the fuel marking program and supervision of the petroleum fuels marking and monitoring contractor;
- Provision of technical support to the Economic Regulation Department in the setting and review of petroleum pump prices and monitoring of compliance of petroleum retail stations with the maximum caps published;
- Development of standards for petroleum products, facilities and equipment in conjunction with the Kenya Bureau of Standards;
- Participation in the legal drafting of subsidiary regulations under the Energy Act;
- Investigation and provision of reports on petroleum related accidents and incidents;
- Monitoring of petroleum stockholding by oil marketers and preparation of reports advising on the security of supply situation in the country.
Qualifications for the Technical Officer Job
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Physical Sciences from a recognized university;
A minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience;
Good understanding of the petroleum sub-sector in Kenya; and
Sound analytical skills.
Other Mandatory Requirements and Information for All Positions
In addition to the skills stated above, applicants shall be expected to;
- To be excellent team players with good planning, interpersonal communication, report writing, problem solving, decision making and supervisory skills;
- Be of high standards of integrity;
- Have proficiency in computers and MS Office packages;
- Be able to communicate effectively in English & Kiswahili.
How to Apply
Applicants are further required to provide a detailed CV indicating their current and previous employers, positions held, current and expected salary, names of at least three professional referees, education and professional certificates together with a copy of national identity card or passport.
All applicants’ will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and provide:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Tax compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC); and 5) Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
The Commission will offer attractive salaries and benefits to the selected candidates who can look forward to a rewarding career in a professionally run organization.
The successful candidate for the position of Head of Internal Audit & Risk shall be engaged on a three year contract, renewable based on performance. The other vacancies will be filled on permanent and pensionable terms of service.
ERC is an equal opportunity employer. Female applicants and persons living with disability and possess the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.
For more details of the job and person specifications, please visit the commission’s website www.erc.go.ke or our website www.acal.co.ke.
Applications clearly indicating job applied for should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer Alpex Consulting Africa Ltd (ACAL) Riverside Drive, Victoria Office Suites Opp. Sameer Investment Ltd P.O Box 20382-00100 Nairobi, KENYA
Applications to be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or hand delivered and inserted in the recruitment box at Alpex Consulting Africa Ltd (ACAL) offices.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 15th May 2017 by 4:00pm