Job Description: Errands Runner
Job Summary: Pick up and deliver messages, documents, packages, and other items between offices or departments within an establishment or directly to other business concerns.
- Determine destinations by referring to addresses on packages and documents
- Ensure that packages or messages are delivered in a time efficient manner
- Handle packages and documents with care especially ones that are marked “fragile”
- Ensure that packages are ready for delivery by packing them in a safe manner
- Drive motorcycle or bicycle to the destination
- Ensure that the delivery is done in a timely manner
- Reconcile packages at recipient’s location
- Maintain communication with destination and point of departure through cell phone
- Ensure the highest degree of security of shipment
- Take recipient’s signature of the receipt and compare with original signature on identification card
- Understand privacy rules and not tamper with package or document
- Maintain records of daily visits in the log book
- Sort deliverable items in accordance to delivery route in order to ensure maximum efficiency
- Confirm deliveries by checking into the office after each delivery
- Open and sort incoming mail and deliver to appropriate recipients within the office
- Collect and seal outgoing mail and ensure that proper stamps are used
- Plan efficient routes prior to setting out on a delivery mission
- Use telephones to deliver verbal messages
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum KCSE qualification
- Ability to ride a motorcycle or a bicycle
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit their CVs and a cover letter. Also indicate your current remuneration and expected remuneration.
Applications should be sent to [email protected] by Wednesday 7th September 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted