Accountant in an Optical Supplies Distribution Organisation
We seek to recruit a dynamic and results oriented individual to fill the position of an Accountant, for a leading optical establishment. The position is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
To oversee overall Management of financial and accounting systems, controls standards, policies and practices of the Company
- Execution of continuous business transactions
- Oversees the continuous preparation of timely financial management reports for the decision making and drawing attention to matters affecting or likely to affect the various areas of the business.
- Establishes, review and implement existing financial management policies and procedures and ensure full implementation and compliance by all staff
- Directs and ensures maintenance and accuracy of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, receipts and expenditures, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses.
- Ensures effective cash flow management for the Company.
- Ensures timely preparation of books of accounts for statutory Audit and liaises with the external auditors
- Continuously designs and maintains comprehensive internal controls to ensure best practice and compliance within applicable laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Ensures all statutory compliance with the relevant authorities such as NSSF, NHIF, PAYE, VAT, instalment & Corporation Taxes and the management of other statutory commitments.
- Ensures scheduling of stock take exercises reviews stock valuation reports.
- Preparation of Payroll and Filing & payment of Payroll related Taxes
Key Deliverables of this position
- Cash flow management and comprehensive working capital management
- Timely and accurate financial reporting
- Functional Internal control system
- Adherence to all statutory compliance and reporting requirements.
External Auditors & Internal Audit
– Relevant B-Com Degree or CPA (K)
-Excellent Presentation skills & Communication skills
Job / Functional Skills
-Attention to detail
-Apt computer use
Integrity, Innovation, Resilience, Apt people skills, Operational excellence & Cost consciousness
-5 years in a similar position
How to Apply
How to Apply
Applications should be sent not later than 30th September 2015 COB to [email protected] Applicants are also requested to state their current and expected salary in their applications.