International Centre for Research and Development (ICRD) is a global leader in professional consultancy services domiciled in Nairobi, Kenya. We offer international development and research based services on the most critical issues specializing in project management, monitoring and evaluation, research, humanitarian affairs and information and communication technology (ICT) for development.
ICRD is led by qualified professionals who are ably assisted by a committed team of experienced multi – disciplinary technical advisors, staff and associate professionals. These experts have extensive experience in their respective fields of specialization. This offers an excellent mix of professional expertise required to execute different assignments.
We are looking for skilled freelance consultants (both training and technical experts) in the fields below.
- Communication and Advocacy
- Youth development
- Community Development
- Climate Change and Environment
- Project/Programme management
- Education, Training and Innovation
- Health and health promotion
- Rural, urban and Sustainable Development
- Disability, Inclusion and Protection
- Microfinance and Livelihoods
- Governance, Leadership and Ethics
- Occupational health and safety
- Agriculture and food security
- Budget support and public finance management
- Resource management
- Strategic Environmental Assessment and Environmental Impact Assessment
- Research & Statistics
Training consultants core responsibilities
- Design and develop training programs (outsourced or in-house)
- Facilitate and conduct training research and provide guidance to participants
- Develop curriculum and training programs
- Deliver training using appropriate pedagogic techniques and learning experiences for adult learners.
- Facilitate local and international training workshops
- Preparing training reports
- Design and prepare educational aids and materials
- Evaluation consultant core responsibilities
- Review relevant project documents during evaluation process
- Participate in briefing and consultation meetings to discuss the assignment
- Develop detailed end-line evaluation plan, including pre-testing tools, sampling methodology, and implementation of data collection in the field.
- Develop data collection tools and lead data collection in the field including training research assistants/enumerators; monitoring and ensuring data quality and research ethics of research assistants.
- Analyze data in a rigorous, robust manner using appropriate statistical analysis techniques.
- Prepare high-quality end-line evaluation reports.
Qualifications and skills
- At least Master’s degree or higher qualification in their field of expertise or other related field or in its absence, equivalent professional experience of 5 years.
- At least 6 years of relevant professional experience in the management and/or evaluation of projects in their field of expertise.
- oExcellent command of English (written and spoken). Good command of another UN language constitute additional asset.
- Excellent computer skills.
- International experts from Africa and beyond are encouraged to apply and should have a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
- Interested consultants with more than 5 years’ experience are asked to apply and indicate area of expertise on the subject.
- Trainer consultant should indicate daily/hourly rate while evaluation experts are asked to indicate daily rate.
- All consultants should also indicate the notice period before they can take assignments.
- Training consultants can apply for more than one field and/or both advertised positions. However, this must be in two separate applications.
If you are interested in one of the current openings and your profile matched the expertise required, please send copies of your certificates and testimonials as well as current CVs with telephone and email contacts; addresses of three referees and a cover letter to training @ic4rd.org by close of business 7th September 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you would like to be part of our professional network, please, send your CV to [email protected] ICRD will include your CV and contact details in our CV database and contact you with job opportunities fitting your expertise. Further information can be found at our website: http://www.ic4rd.org