Evidence Action scales proven interventions that improve the lives of millions. We only implement cost-effective programs whose efficacy is backed by substantial rigorous evidence. We identify innovative, appropriate financing mechanisms and build best-practice operational models. We voraciously self-evaluate, learn, and improve our models for scaling effective interventions with a commitment to transparency, impact, and value for money.
Duties and responsibilities
Capture and share key learning and performance information across Programs
- Create standard M&E and lessons learned presentations for interactive meetings with Evidence Action Programs, and which can be used for stakeholder meetings.
- Identify and take advantage of various platforms to represent MLIS and Evidence Action on the regional and global stage as far as data and evidence is concerned, and hence contribute towards data transparency within the organization.
- Publish MLIS newsletter on a monthly basis, and making contributions towards other regional and global internal and external publications.
Facilitate Program Engagements with the MLIS team
- Conduct regular planning meetings with Program Leads to identify MLIS requirements, lead in program-MLIS M&E ‘diagnostic’ i.e. understanding program need for data and translating that back to the MLIS team and seeking out learnings for the program both from the program verticals and functional horizontals in the matrix.
- Develop and strengthen tools and platforms of collaboration (eg Asana, Box, Team Calendar, Mailing Lists, etc), that
- Programs can use to engage with MLIS – including making requests for MLIS products and services
- Promote culture and spirit of collaboration on the MLIS team
- Support Programs with periodic donor reports, including acting as the custodian of various program and donor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and coordinating data inputs from MLIS to be included in the reports.
Lead in the delivery of innovative data solution
- Position the internal Management Information System (internally referred to as ProgMIS) as a key internal, innovative data learning and sharing platform.
- Facilitate and promote the engagement of Programs with ProgMIS, including making the platform both useful and usable, onboarding new Program staff to the platform, creating incentives for the use of the platform, constantly soliciting feedback and providing support to Program users.
- Take the lead in further development, modification and improvement of the existing modules, including designing data visualization templates to increase access to and usability of the data.
- Develop and maintain high quality data flow systems that will ensure efficient (timely and high quality) data flow from the data collection team, to the data management team, to the Management Information System team.
- Proactively support the Global Communication team in the development, improvement and maintenance of the organization data dashboards.
- Research, Identify, Promote and facilitate the scaling up of proven M&E tools and approaches (data innovation):
- Develop practical guidelines for identifying areas that require “data innovation”, working through long list of possible solution and piloting/evaluating selected short list of potential/promising solutions.
- Collaborate with the other MLIS departments to review current data collection methods/processes and tools for efficiency and effectiveness
Support Monitoring and Evaluation Design:
- Support the MLIS’ monitoring design team to design and set up framework for the monitoring and analysis of key performance indicators for the Evidence Action Programs.
- Work closely with MLIS departments to access leading international thinking to develop useable and relevant M&E frameworks for Evidence Action Programs.
- Take the lead in conducting secondary research to supplement
- Coordinate and sometimes take the lead in ad hoc field research projects, as need may arise.
Manage the Data Learning & Information Systems Teams, Collaborators and Vendors
- Recruit, train and directly manage a team of 3 to 6 senior associates and associates.
- Support with the recruitment and management of external MLIS consultants and vendors, as needed.
- Directly collaborate with other MLIS departments in the delivery of key MLIS outcomes, including ensuring that MLIS departments are well informed of key monitoring needs and changes from the regional program.
- Directly lead professional development of M&E skills and expertise within the MLIS team, by facilitating periodic M&E workshops, identifying learning platforms for the team eg identifying and managing appropriate M&E subscriptions.
- As needed, act as the point person in our collaboration efforts with partners (other organizations or institutions) across the Africa region, as directed by the MLIS Lead.
- Excellent report writing skills, coupled with ability to use infographics to tell data findings, trends, insights and stories – to both data savvy and non-data savvy audience.
- Extensive knowledge of data visualization and presentation software
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in economics, statistics or related social sciences
- A minimum of 2 years of experience including 2+ managing a team of researchers/analysts
- Basic familiarity with a range of data processing, statistical, and geospatial software packages
- Interest in applying research, evidence and data-driven decision making to large-scale Programs with an appreciation for practical and logistical constraints
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills to work effectively with a team that is geographically dispersed
- Ability to think strategically and critically, and to bring imagination to solving problems with substantial complexity and ambiguity
- Quick to learn, motivated to self-teach and capable of independently translating new knowledge into practice
- Ability to meet deadlines, sometimes within short notice.
- Willingness to travel as needed to support Evidence Action Programs
How to Apply
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
Interested and qualified? Go to Evidence Action career website on evidenceaction.bamboohr.com to apply