We voraciously self-evaluate, learn, and improve our models for scaling with a commitment to transparency on progress, impact, and value for money.
- Dispensers for Safe Water is an entrepreneurial program scaling the chlorine dispenser system – a proven innovation that dramatically expands access to water treatment at an extremely low cost.
- Deworm the World Initiative actively supports the scale-up of school-based deworming programs worldwide to improve children’s health, education, and long-term development.
About the Human Resource Team
The HR team exists to support Evidence Action being a “people focused” organization while supporting strategic program delivery.
- Timely provision of Human Resource support services and readily available HR information for the day- to-day management planning and decision making
- Improved HR systems and structures (including functional processes and HR information systems maintenance)
- Evidence Action has the requisite Human Capital requirements at all times
- Efficient and effective on-boarding and off-boarding processes are in place
- Innovative and highly skilled individuals are identified, attracted and selected on timely basis
- Country offices (Kenya, Uganda and Malawi) have well-trained, vibrant HR support units
- Compliance with national legal/statutory requirements and best practices is fully achieved by the organization at all times.
To lead the HR administrative function, support training initiatives and deliver support services in line with Evidence Action values in a timely manner and with excellence, accuracy, and compassion.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the Administrative lead for all Human Resources services.
- Maintain the content and quality of data in HRIS and related systems.
- Maintain the on and offline filing systems.
- Provide training and communication support in the use and changes in all HR related systems.
- Provide coordination support in on-boarding and off-boarding of employees to ensure the process is efficient and timely.
- Ensure the forms and templates of the HR department are well-maintained
- Create and maintain all documents mapping the internal HR procedure workflows and ensure internal compliance.
- Maintain confidentiality and ensure that access to staff records and information is strictly to the authorized personnel.
- Day to day management of staff wellness activities and Provide HR and administrative support to staff trainings in wellness matters
- To ensure that all approved and regular tasks pertaining to HR are carried out on time.
- Any other duties assigned to you by your supervisor or his/her designated representative, who will supervise you and give you instructions related to your work.
- Creation of training materials as outlined with supervisor in workplan.
- Mapping of internal HR workflows.
- Timely, professional, and complete on- and off-boarding of incoming and outgoing employees.
- Complete and well-maintained on and offline filing systems.
- A Higher National Diploma in Human Resource Management. A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with strong Human Resource Management training is an advantage.
- Proven experience managing an HRIS
- Self-directed and self-motivating, with proven ability to manage demands from multiple stakeholders while adhering to deadlines and priorities;
- Strong HR technical skills and capacity with at least 3 years of practical experience on the field.
- Intellectually curious, detail-oriented and organized
- A critical, analytical, and process-oriented thinker with a willingness to learn
- A service-minded professional with demonstrated past experience in designing and maintaining HR systems.
- Ability to operate effectively within fast-paced environments, and to thrive as a part of a dynamic and evolving leadership team;
- A member of IHRM