Examinations Officer Job At Kenya Civil Aviation Authority
The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Transport, Infrastructure, Housing and Urban Development established under the Civil Aviation Act, No. 21 of 2013. The Authority is seeking to recruit qualified Kenyan citizens to fill vacant positions in the establishment
KCAA SCALE 8
Department / Section: Examinations
Reports To: Head of Examinations
Examinations Officer Job Purpose
- To implement EASA examination programme in compliance with the requirements of the regulator(s) and external examination bodies such as KCAA, IATA, KNEC and ICAO
Examinations Officer Job Responsibilities
- Coordinating the implementation of the examinations programme by all the teaching departments and the students.
- Planning for and ensuring timely provision and arrangement of examination
materials and other requirements, including rooms, furniture, and staffing.
- Type setting, proof reading and ensuring that examinations are in the prescribed format for EASA.
- Assisting the Head of Examinations to coordinate the timetabling and administration of examinations, both internal and external.
- Initiating procurement and liaising with necessary departments to procure equipment, material and any facilities, computerized or otherwise, required by EASA in order to properly handle the type and nature of examination being conducted.
- Preparing examination results as appropriate and maintaining appropriate
- Assisting in the maintenance and safeguarding of EASA’s examinations’ equipment and assets to ensure that they are in good working conditions
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the Head of Examinations.
Qualifications For Examinations Officer Job
- A university degree in Education or Equivalent
- A certificate in Examinations Management and Administration
- 1 year in examinations administration
- 2 years teaching experience
- Working experience in the aviation industry will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of quality systems in higher learning institutions and applicable ICAO requirements
- Knowledge and application of course design, training methodology design and test item development
- Strong people management skills, with the ability to guide / correct the performance of others.
- Ability to plan and budget for resources, human or otherwise, to achieve targets.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Office Suite and Desktop Publishing Tools.
How to Apply
- Interested and qualified candidates for the job vacancies are required to apply online by logging into KCAA recruitment portal at here
- Fill in the required information and attach copies of certificates, testimonials and a detailed CV indicating among other things current day time telephone and full contact of three professional referees. The applications should be received not later than 23rd September 2016.
- Hardcopy applications are also acceptable but applicants are required to quote the job reference No. on the envelope and application letter, then submit to the address indicated below. Take note that online applications will still be required even if hard copy applications are submitted. Female candidates and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- The Director General Kenya Civil Aviation Authority KCAA AVIATION HOUSE P. O. BOX 30163 – 00100 NAIROBI