Eneza is the most widely used mobile education platform in Africa with local content. We started with SMS and have released web and smartphone versions.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience5 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
The Executive Assistant for this team, will be expected to manage administrative operations and provide administrative and personal assistant support to the executive team, including scheduling travel and meetings, selecting and managing core workflow services, and managing a small office, among other duties. You will act as a liaison and representative for the Initiative and have the opportunity to work with respected and recognized leaders within the education industry.
The following will be your responsibilities:
- Managing existing systems and creating new ones to keep the team organized including maintaining systems of communication, calendar scheduling, filing, prioritizing incoming information and requests, and maintaining contact/correspondence records
- Scheduling and trip management–securing vital meetings, preparing materials, arranging travel and organizing logistics both in advance and with last minute changes
- Managing expense reporting, tracking and processing consultant contracts and invoices and providing communications support
- Taking the lead in managing the office space for the staff, including managing leasing agreements, phone/internet/other telecommunications, technology, office furniture and equipment, and vendor relationships
- Other tasks as requested, including but not limited to HR, finance, event planning, project support and grant making-related work
Candidate Profile and QUALIFICATIONS
- BA or equivalent
- At least 5 years experience as an Executive Assistant, with a preference for EA experience in technology or services firms
- Commitment to the Initiative’s mission and focus
- Tech savvy, comfortable communicating virtually and learning new office tools, keeping abreast of advances in technology and social media
- Excellent time management skills – ability to manage a great deal of information, tasks, and relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse groups of people, specifically the ability to form relationships without much direct face-time
- Self-starter comfortable independently managing multiple projects
- Patience, flexibility and adaptability – ability to react positively and quickly to last minute changes in logistics or needs
- Strong writer and communicator
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through
- Responsible decision-maker with integrity and excellent judgment
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed
- Proficient in MS Office, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint; experience with Google Apps and Salesforce preferred.
How to Apply
If you believe that you are just what we need: send your resume and an introduction letter letting us know why you would be a great fit to [email protected]. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.