The Central Depository & Settlement Corporation Limited (CDSC) is a limited liability Company approved by the Capital Markets Authority to establish and operate a system for the central handling of deliveries and settlement of securities in the Capital Markets in Kenya. The company is seeking competent personnel to fill the position of Executive Assistant to the CEO
Primary Functions of the Job Holder: The successful applicant will be responsible for providing efficient, confidential and responsive administrative, organizational, and logistical service support to the office of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Responsibilities for the Executive Assistant Job
- Maintain executive’s agenda and assist in planning appointments, board meetings, conferences etc.
- Manage requests for appointments and schedule them appropriately;
Organize the CE’s diary to ensure there are no conflicts;
- Coordinate travel and Assist in acquiring of visa’s for the Chief Executive, Directors and Heads of departments as well as facilitation of air tickets, accommodation and transfer arrangements;
- Make travel arrangements for CE, Board Members and Management; Coordinate booking of the Boardroom and ensure there are no conflicts; ensure refreshments are available for meetings, and any other logistics as appropriate Office Management
- Manage all stationery and equipment requirements for the CE’s office and ensure timely restocking, repairs, and replacements; keep up to date inventory of office supplies;
- Maintain both electronic and paper records and filing system for the Chief Executive’s office and ensure the documents and information are well organized, secure and easily accessible;
- Manage office and meeting expenses and ensure the CE’s expenses and claims are accurately recorded and processed;
- Ensure the CE’s office and the Boardroom are properly cleaned and neatly maintained;
- Ensure everything is in place for the smooth running of the CE’s office.
- Undertake any other duties as requested by the Chief Executive. Communication Liaison
- Uphold the CE’s open door policy and ensure that any requests to see the CE by members of staff are communicated in a timely manner and efficiently managed;
- Screen phone calls, open and sort mail, attend to emails directed to the firstname.lastname@example.org address in consultation with the CE;
- Communicate with Board members, heads of departments and staff as may be directed by the CE from time to time;
- Respond or appropriately direct all enquiries directed to the CE’s office;
draft routine correspondence on behalf of the CEO as directed;
- Handle confidential documents ensuring they remain secure.
Qualifications for the Executive Assistant Job
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position in a busy environment.
Competencies Required for this Role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both verbal & written.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to exercise discretion in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters.
- Ability to demonstrate sound decision making and judgment capabilities, integrity, resilience and be self-driven;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their covering letter& CV by email email@example.com with the job title on the subject line. Closing date: 16th November 2016