A premier private members club located in very close proximity to vibrant Nairobi city has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess passion for excellence, strong work ethics, result oriented and are committed to continual improvement.
The ideal candidates should be team players with the ability to effectively influence support and add value to a wide range of professionals.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, Executive Assistant to the Ceo is critical in ensuring the efficient operation of the office, managing and prioritizing competing demands for the CEO’s time and attention and offering executive level administrative support. The Assistant also plays a coordinating role between the CEO’s office, Directors, other departments and external offices/public.
Executive Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Manage day-to-day administrative activities of the Ceo’s office by setting and monitoring schedules, organizing the incoming flow of work and following-up to ensure timely responses.
- Receives visitors on behalf of the Ceo, using discretion as to who should be seen immediately or redirected to other offices.
- Receives and prioritizes CEO’s correspondence and takes action.
- Prepares meeting dossiers for the Board, attend Management meeting and record proceedings, prepare and distribute Minutes as directed by the Ceo.
- Maintains confidential records and files pertaining to meetings of the Ceo and the Board.
- Keep telephone contacts, Members & Prospective members’ data, and also maintain good relationship that requires tact.
- Handling sensitive and confidential matters and enquiries pertaining to the Club.
- Drafting routine letters, memos, Members complaints and concern letters, induction programs for new members.
- Update and Maintains member data base.
- Receiving application forms and payments from new candidates.
- Sending letters to proposers acknowledging receipt of payments and giving guideline on the balloting procedures.
- Allocating and creating new accounts in the membership database
- Any other duties assigned to you by your supervisor
Qualifications for the Executive Assistant Job
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years’ experience in a busy secretariat position.
- Additional qualifications in public relations an added advantage.
- Proficient in the use of word processing, database and spreadsheets, presentation, email, and electronic calendar software.
- Ability to perform and communicate in a highly professional and effective manner, in a rapidly changing environment.
- Mature personality with ability to work with and process confidential information with integrity, discretion and sensitivity.
- Proficiency in report writing, minutes –taking, speech- writing and record- keeping.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to prioritize under pressure, being flexible.
- Ability to exercise initiative, judgment and problem solving skills to complete work.
- Ability to relate and work effectively with Club Members, employees and the general public in a cooperative and respectful manner.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application quoting your expected remuneration. Include testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees to: [email protected] to be received before COB Friday 10th March 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.