Job Title: Executive Assistant
Organisation: National Association of Women’s Organisations in Uganda (NAWOU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
The National Association of Women’s Organisations in Uganda (NAWOU) is an umbrella organisation whose members are NGOs, faith based organisations, CBOs and professional women’s organisations. It aims at promoting and strengthening the woman’s movement. This is done through undertaking mobilization of members for networking, generating packages or repackages and disseminating of information pertinent to members. We build the capacity of members for advocacy, representation and direct support to members.
Job Summary: The Executive Assistant will support the Executive Director’s effectiveness by providing information for management support and representing the ED to others
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
• The incumbent preserves ED’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
• Maintains ED’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
• The incumbent also represents the ED by attending meetings in the executive’s absence; speaking for the executive.
• Welcomes guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
• Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Completes projects by assigning work to other staff as may be required by the ED and following up on results.
• Prepares and submits reports by collecting and analyzing information.
• Secures information by completing data base backups.
• Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions.
• Updates and maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
• Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Significantly contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate should hold a related University degree i.e. Business administration preferred, but if a candidate has solid experience, lots of energy and a desire to take on new challenges one can often overcome the lack of University education.
• The applicant must have top-notch knowledge and skills in; clerical work, internet, and administration
• Possess the ability to maintain confidentiality, and sound decision-making abilities.
• Skills in preparing reports, stores management, Microsoft office, time management, presentation, travel logistics / scheduling, Verbal Communication.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with detailed CVs and copies of academic documents to:
The Executive Director
National Association of Women’s Organisations in Uganda
P. O Box 1663, Kampala. Uganda
Or send via Email to: [email protected]
Deadline: 14th October 2015