Executive Assistant Job in Kenya
Our client is an agricultural supply chain platform operating in East Africa that provides supply chain services to clients that want to improve their agriculture supply chain services and in turn deliver essential farming inputs and other value adding products to clients and consumers in rural Africa.
Executive Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President & CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings;
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Chairperson and CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature;
- Assists board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed;
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members;
- Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in by laws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format;
- Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings;
- Ensures that the President’s bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the President and the organization in general;
- Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to external stake holders.
Qualifications for the Executive Assistant Job
- 4+ years’ experience as an Executive Assistant;
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized institution.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with
- excellent attention to detail;
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and investors;
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability;
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently;
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response;
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment;
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions Languages.
How to Apply
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected]m marking the subject as “2978”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2978 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 01 September 2017
N.B. * You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.