The Busara Center for Behavioral Economics is seeking qualified individuals for the position of Executive Assistant.
This is a high-level executive support role working with the Board of Directors.
This person will serve as the primary support and liaison for the executive team, as well as ensuring the smooth execution of any operational, logistical or administrative needs for the senior team.
- Oversee the daily calendar and schedule of events for the senior management team and effectively coordinate and execute priority administrative and operational responsibilities
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the MD including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Work closely and effectively with the MD to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the President updated.
- Read, research, and route correspondence; draft letters and documents; collect and analyze information;
- Proofread documents, organizing and filing for review
- Overseeing administrative policies within an organization and within the office; recommending changes as appropriate
- Develop and utilize historical information’ provide retrieval of information. Record meeting discussions and provide minutes.
- Prepare executive responses to routine memos, letters, or correspondence
- Serve as the administrative liaison to the Board of Directors and Advisory Board members
- Prepare board meeting documents and ensure they are delivered, accessible and supplemented with clear instruction prior to board meetings
- Take minutes and disseminate public copies meeting minutes for all board meetings
- Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters.
Senior Management Liaison
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff meetings
- Facilitates cross-divisional coordination of travel and outreach plans.
- Coordinates, manages, and supervises all administrative assistances for the project teams to ensure compliance with administrative policies.
- An unhealthy obsession for organization and structures
- Excruciating attention to detail and eye for proofreading
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationship with staff, board members, external partners, and clients
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer / client services and response
- Ability to manage and cope with stressful situations
- Prompt, present, and round the clock availability during high stress periods.
- Ability to read and respond to office moods and temperaments.
- Ability to direct and manage a team of your peers as well as effectively manage up.
- Innate ability to solve problems and provide practical solutions
- Advanced MS Office Experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
**This position is open to both Kenyan and international candidates**
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to [email protected] and ensure that the subject line reads: “Executive Assistant REF NO: OA-16-2-22” Deadline to Apply: March 18, 2016