Job title: Executive Assistant (EA)
Reporting to: VP, Business Development
Type: Fulltime employee (6 month probation)
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Description: The E.A works closely with the Vice President, Business Development and the Managing Director, East Africa to provide administrative and operational support in order to increase the executives’ effectiveness.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Conserves executive’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; Drafting letters and documents; Collecting and analyzing information; Initiating telecommunications.
- Maintains executive’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Represents the executive by attending meetings in the executive’s absence; Speaking for the executive.
- Welcomes guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; Answering or directing inquiries.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Completes projects by assigning work to clerical staff and following up on results.
- Prepares reports by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; Recording meeting discussions.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; Anticipating needed supplies; Evaluating new office products; Placing and expediting orders for supplies; Verifying receipt of supplies.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; Following manufacturer’s instructions; Troubleshooting malfunctions; Calling for repairs; Maintaining equipment inventories; Evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; Reviewing professional publications; Establishing personal networks; Participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
- The EA shall be expected to have deep experience with and understanding of the following, and in addition will be expected to continually expand his/her knowledge and skillset to accommodate the responsibilities of the job.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in related field (communication, administration, etc.)
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in similar role
- Strong work ethic, ability to adapt to changing priorities and be team oriented
- Time management
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong reporting skills
- Handle sensitive and complex issues with discretion and good judgment
- Proficiency with MS Office (PowerPoint, Word) and Google Apps
- Aptitude to learn new (software) tools quickly
How to Apply
Interested applicants should visit our website at www.preferredpersonnel.co.ke/jobs to submit their applications.