Kenya National Trading Corporation (KNTC) is a state owned Corporation whose mandate is to efficiently trade in quality products and services to ensure a balance of supply and demand in the country’s distribution networks while promoting wholesale, retail and e-commerce in line with Vision 2030.
The Corporation is seeking for a qualified and competent individual to fill the following vacant position:
Salary Scale 6
Job Ref: HR /EA/09/2016
The successful candidate shall provide executive support to the Executive Managing Director and manage the day-to-day operations of the Executive Managing Director’s office in an efficient and effective manner.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Organizing and maintaining the Executive Director’s diary and making appointments;
- Prioritizing emails and incoming papers/correspondence and if necessary determine appropriate delegation/action;
- Coordination, organization and facilitation of Board meetings and other stakeholders;
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations;
- Preparation of Executive Managing Director’s/ Board of Directors official travel and accommodation arrangements;
- Preparation of Executive Director’s travel expense reports;
- Filing of paper and electronic documents;
- Ad hoc activities which are either by their nature related to his/ her normal duties or evolve from operational requirements.
Required Qualifications, Skills and attributes:
- Diploma in Business, Administration or Management/ Secretarial;
- 3 years of proven work experience in a similar position in a fast paced, demanding environment.
- Good organizational, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at various levels within the organization.
- Discretion, confidentiality and diplomacy;
- Excellent written and oral communication in English
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work strategically and cooperatively in a team environment with all levels of professional, technical and administrative staff
- Detail-oriented, proactive professional and problem solver;
How to Apply
- Interested candidates who meet the specified requirements should send their applications stating the current and expected salary, detailed curriculum vitae, copies of all academic certificates, testimonials, valid certificate of good conduct to the address below to be received not later than 28th September, 2016. Quote Job Title & Ref No on the envelope. The Managing Director Kenya National Trading Corporation P.O. Box 30587 – 00100 Nairobi Kenya National Trading Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and people from the marginalized groups are encouraged to apply. Only successful candidates shall be contacted.