CFK is ready to accelerate its growth, launching new initiatives to respond to burgeoning needs and securing a financial foundation for CFK’s long-term commitment to the Kibera Community.
They are looking for a dynamic hands on Executive Assistant.
Probationary Period: 3 Months
Job Purpose: To provide administrative and secretarial support to the Director, ensuring day to day functioning of the office, coordinating office management activities, managing the office’s interface with other departments and external parties.
- Organise, manage and run the Directors Office to include filter of incoming visitors, correspondence, emails and telephone calls, highlighting urgent and priority matters requiring the Director’s attention.
- Draft, type and despatch memoranda, acknowledge letters and responses to correspondence, and follow up with relevant action officers.
- Proof read routine documents prepared for the Director’s signature in consultation with originating officers.
- Prepare various reports for Director’s Office including creation of spreadsheets, charts, databases, and application of relevant software
- Draft correspondence, speeches, presentations, and announcements from the Director’s Office.
- Schedule meetings between the Director and key stakeholders within and outside the company and effectively manage the diary.
- Draft agendas, compile and distribute relevant documents and briefings, take minutes and maintain records for the Director’ meetings.
- Prepare Board Papers on time in collaboration with other departments and stakeholders.
- Maintain and manage Executive Director action log across all organization engagements both internal and external.
- Compile, schedule and prioritise engagements, appointments, invitations, and other requests for weekly dairy meetings.
- Make travel arrangements for the Director, coordinating flights, accommodation and other itinerary specifics.
- Coordinate logistics and documentation for visiting delegations.
- Provide administrative support to the Director including preparation of administrative forms and processing of requests.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business Administration, Office Management Secretarial Studies, Communication, Public Relations or related disciplines.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as Executive or Administrative Assistant to a Director, Chief Executive Officer or Chief of Party preferably of an international, multicultural organisation.
- Advanced Information technology skills including word, excel, access, PowerPoint Ms outlook.
- Highly developed analytical skills with ability to prepare, analyse and interpret data and reports.
- Organizational and planning skills
- Superior written and verbal communications skills in English and Swahili.
- Information gathering and analytical skills
- Problem analysis and solving skills
- Quick judgment and decision-making ability
- Self initiative
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Interpersonal skills.
- Highly numeric.
- Communications and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage senior executives of the board and the management committee.
How to Apply