Executive Assistant Job Purpose:
- The Executive Assistant (EA) works closely with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to help ensure the efficient administration and day-to-day operations of the CEO’s office and support the completion of selected tasks and specially delegated assignments. S/he will serve as a liaison and resource person in support of Goodman Agencies’s Senior Management Team and Advisory Board.
- The post holder will help ensure the efficient administration of the CEO’s office, provide support to Goodman Agencies Ltd’s senior management team, and complete a range of interesting specially delegated assignments.
- The candidate should be creative and enjoy working on a wide range of activities. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication as well as administrative and organizational skills. The post requires project coordination experience, excellent interpersonal skills, computer skills, and the ability to work flexibly and well with all levels of management and staff, as well as with outside contacts.
Executive Assistant Job Roles and Responsibilities:
Chief Executive Officer’s Office
- Coordinate and oversee the CEO’s schedule: Manage a calendar of appointments and act as a filter to administer incoming requests. Ensure relevant information is collated in advance of meetings whether internal or external. Arrange detailed travel plans and itineraries, compiling documents and a trip file for travel-related meetings/events.
- Research, prioritise, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, as directed – propose appropriate courses of action, referral, or response where appropriate.
- Office organisation: Keep track of deadlines on incoming and outgoing tasks/requests, and put preliminary work in play where appropriate. In consultation with the CEO, update delegated tasks with relevant Departments and Units to ensure progress to deadlines and that completed documents are delivered accurately. Organize key records, and maintain appropriate filing systems and databases.
- Ensure CEO’s budget and expense reports are updated and completed after trip/event.
- Maintain tact and confidentiality and assure careful handling of all business.
Internal and External Communications
- External: Handle incoming and outgoing communication. Follow up on contacts made by the CEO and support the cultivation of ongoing relationships as directed.
- Work with department Heads to coordinate CEO’s outreach activities – organise materials for presentations to external stakeholders and maintain close liaison with the relative department. Stay up-to-date on general trends and developments in the Kenya Pharmaceutical sector
- Internal: Work with the CEO to develop regular internal communication and messaging: such as updates for relevant Goodman Agencies intranet pages, maintaining the CEO’s bio, input to staff communiqués, internal Newsletters, video clips, etc..
- Stay abreast of internal company developments and keep the CEO updated on relevant opportunities and events – such as planned external communications.
- Take responsibility for ensuring IT skills are maintained and updated.
Management Team Support
- Support the preparation, arrangements and coordination of senior management team meetings, coordinating agendas, ensuring timeliness with appropriate documentation, and arranging itineraries and travel where appropriate. Participate as an adjunct member in specified management team meetings by assisting in transcribing minutes, collating action points or developing agreed communication points.
- Support the update and maintenance of a Goodman Agencies Ltd Cross- Departmental calendar of ‘key’ events to raise awareness and maximize opportunities.
- Facilitate smooth communication and liaison between the CEO’s office and internal departments as required – maintaining credibility and trust with Goodman Agencies Ltd’s management staff.
- Communicate with Advisory Board members on behalf of the CEO as needed – maintain discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all Advisory Board members.
- Ensure arrangements are completed for all Advisory Board meetings –assist Advisory Board members with travel schedules or lodging as required.
- The EA will be assigned a variety of special projects or assignments by the CEO in support of the senior management team. This may include data gathering requests involving light research or report abstracts, as requested.
Specification for Executive Assistant Job
- Previous experience supporting senior executives, and in managing and prioritising workloads
- Degree holder
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and Social Media web platforms.
- Excellent written & spoken English – other international languages a bonus
- Efficient and well organised – able to complete projects and special assignments by establishing objectives, determining priorities, and managing time
- Exhibit strong communication and interpersonal skills and be able to gain the cooperation of others – including building relationships with
- Goodman Agencies Ltd’s staff, Advisory Board members and external partners
- Demonstrate effective presentation and communication skills.
- Proven ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality when required
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications and partnership development
- Experience of time management and facilitation skills
- Interested in private sector issues.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are invited to send their application letters indicating the reference number, title of the position along with an updated CV and email & daytime telephone contacts of three referees to the Human Resource Manager, Goodman Agencies Ltd on email Recruit@goodman.co.ke so as to be received not later than 14th July 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.