Executive Assistant Job Role Purpose
- Provide a professional executive support service to the Chief Information Officer and team administration support to the Global IT team.
- In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal job description and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Scope Of Role
Reports to: Chief Information Officer ( based in London)
Staff reporting to this post: None
Executive Assistant Job Key Areas Of Accountability
- Manage diary and all travel booking arrangements for the CIO.
- Prepare expense claims for the CIO.
- Help to organise and record minutes of IT leadership meetings ( via Skype) as and when required and follow up on timely completion of action points.
- Handle a significant level of external contacts on behalf of the CIO
- Provide internal communication support across the global IT team, including helping to organise a quarterly Skype call and maintaining some of the IT pages in OneNet (internal intranet).
- Provide a focal point for Accounts Payable escalations and queries regarding IT invoice processing, on behalf of IT leaders.
- Develop strong, positive relationships with all relevant stakeholders on behalf of IT
- Provide occasional administrative support to other global IT leaders in areas of travel and events management
- Carry out any other duties either in addition to or instead of those outlined above which may reasonably be required from time to time, in order to assist the CIO in meeting his responsibilities and working most effectively.
Behaviours (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Experience & Skills for Executive Assistant Job
- Experience in a similar role, preferably within an international team.
- Experience of dealing with complex diary and international travel arrangements
- Experience of planning and organising meetings and events, with a strong attention to detail
- Sound judgement and an ability to effectively prioritise multiple tasks in a constantly changing environment
- Competent in use of Skype & Office 365.
- Ability to adopt a pro-active approach and offer solutions as appropriate
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively at senior level , gaining trust and confidence with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong written and oral communication skills, fluent in English, with an eye for detail
- Ability to liaise and communicate effectively with a broad range of people at all levels, across different cultures and to act with credibility, discretion, tact and diplomacy both within and without the organisation.
- Maintain a calm disposition and positive outlook particularly when working under pressure
- Strong team player and self- motivated with ability to work autonomously
- Whilst not expected to understand all the technical detail of the IT team roles and responsibilities, it is anticipated that the incumbent will have a good appreciation of what is involved
How to Apply
Click here to apply