Job Title: Executive Director – Business Development
Travel required: Yes
Reports to: Board of Directors
Position Type: Full-time
Introduction: Our client, in the Capital Markets industry, is seeking to recruit an Executive Director-Business Development as part of the ongoing restructuring to position the company for expansion and to be more competitive in its focus industry sectors.
This position is responsible for development and implementation of the Company’s strategy and growth plans in line with Board directions and agreed performance targets.
- Conduct market research and surveys on business and competition trends and develop business development strategies in line with research findings.
- Formulate and seek board directions for business development strategies for Company growth.
- Implement corporate and business lines strategies in collaboration with the Company’s Executive team to grow the business and ensure sustainability.
- Initiate potential partnerships, agreements and collaborations with other players in the sector to achieve agreed business development strategies.
- Approve business related tenders, reports and other submissions for consideration by prospective clients.
- Approve Company Budgets.
- Ensure continuous achievements of the Company’s financial and business goals.
- Acts as the principal spokesperson of the Company.
- High level correspondence with clients.
- Provide leadership to employees.
- Maintain a conducive work environment for attracting, retaining and motivating employees.
- Ensure compliance with the laws of the Company.
Key Performance Areas
- Develop medium and long term business strategies.
- Identify and initiate partnerships and alliances as needed to achieve Company business strategies.
- Ensure continuous achievement of the Company’s business growth and financial objectives.
- Attracting, developing, motivating and retaining a highly disciplined and competent team.
- Arranging for financing options as required to meet the Company’s growth plans.
Key Performance Indicators
- Clearly defined direction of Company, goals, strategies and results.
- Confirmed brand image and relevance in the capital markets industry.
- Operating with the budget and achievement of growth in profit margins of the Company.
- Motivated staff and sustainable staff turnover.
- Adequate working capital for Company growth.
- Post-graduate degree in business – finance, management, marketing or economics from a well-recognized institute.
- At least 15 years of work experience, 5 of which must be at senior executive position – preferably in general management or business development.
- Proven experience in managing P&L.
- Most likely developed and managed high performance teams.
- Should have a good appreciation of the financial services and in particular capital markets in the East Africa region.
- Must have been involved in the preparation and implementation of strategy and business plans.
- Have the ability to develop personal network of effective relationships with key decision influencers in both government and the company’s focus sector.
- Personable; articulate and have well developed oral and written communication skills
- Worked across multinational cultures.
- Creative, highly entrepreneurial with strong prospecting skills.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should visit our website at www.preferredpersonnel.co.ke/jobs to submit their applications.