Executive Drivers Jobs at Duma Works
Duma Works is recruiting Executive Drivers for one of our clients; a reputable transport company in Nairobi.
The holder of the position of Executive Driver shall be expected to work under the general supervision and guidance of the immediate supervisor.
The job shall entail performing a number of complex and varied types of jobs related to the assigned department or function.
Mostly the job shall involve confidential administrative jobs and the support of the head of the particular department or function to ensure smooth functioning of the entire department.
The job holder shall often be required to deal with very sensitive information and is expected to have an independent judgment, maturity and sense of duty to the assigned department and belonging to the organization as a whole.
The job holder shall be responsible for timely and efficient transport services to clients maintaining high levels of professionalism, integrity and respect with clients, road users, colleagues and the society in general to create a positive image of the company.
Executive Drivers Job Responsibilities
- Should be well groomed in the company full uniform and always report to work on time.
- Should always carry out a basic check of the vehicle (engine oil, coolant, lights, brakes, any dents or scratches) and fill in the vehicle checklist accordingly and should report anything unusual noted with the vehicle.
- Should execute transfers as directed by the operations officer.
- Should communicate relevant details for every transfer carried out i.e. name of client, company name, contacts (telephone number or email) destination if not booked through the office, mileage/time while leaving base and at drop off point, waiting time.
- Ensure timely and effective communication of any changes made apart from what is allocated by operations officer.
- Ensure the vehicle is parked in safe places.
- Ensure vehicle has enough fuel for the shift, is clean both inside and outside, and is well maintained and serviced as per the required mileage.
- Maintaining records of every vehicle movements and updating the operations officer whenever there is a movement from one point to another.
- Ensuring security and safety of the vehicles on and off the road
- Making sure licenses are valid for the vehicles they are using and communicate if about to expire.
- Reporting any incidents or accidents to the operations officer as soon as they happen and ensuring to fill in the accident report form immediately after an accident happens
- Well groomed, presentable and reporting on time.
- Checks vehicle and fills in the checklist correctly all the time.
- Effective communication of every transfer or any change to the operations offer.
- Ensure company vehicles are safe and properly driven.
- Issuing of receipts to customers and proper records i.e transfer service invoice, vehicle movement summary report,
- Timely and proper hand over to the operations officer.
- Ensure proper pricing is given to cash customers and correct rate applied for credit clients to ensure we are fair to the customer and the company does not operate at a loss.
- Ensure the proper use and accounting of the operations motor vehicle float.
- Proper analysis of cash and credit transfers for hand over to the operations officer.
- Avoid accidents and scratches on vehicle allocated to minimize on operational costs.
- Network with customers and get referrals for business to increase the sales revenue.
- Proper pricing applied for all transfers.
- Proper use, control and management of the operations motor vehicle float.
- No scratches or accidents reported.
- Number of cash transfers done or business referrals given for corporate clients.
- Ensure timely pickup and drop off of clients as allocated by the operations officer.
- Drive clients safely to their destination and ensure strict adherence to the driving rules as required by the law.
- Should inform and agree with the client on the amount to be paid before embarking on any trip and communicate the same to the operations officer on duty including any extra charges e.g. for extra luggage.
- Should inform and agree with client when changing routes apart from the recommended.
- Should always give a receipt for exact amount of money received to the clients or raise a service credit voucher and have it signed immediately after giving service to a client.
- Give feedback forms to clients and ensure to bring them to the office for analysis.
- Ensure there are no complains of our service by customers.
- Ensure to get customer details such as telephone numbers or email for review of our services from customers, creating a database and for security purposes.
- Minimal or no complaints from customers on our services
- Number of Feedback forms being brought for analysis.
- Customer details for follow-up and creating a database
- Continually develop own skills and maintain an up to date knowledge of systems and work processes necessary to carry out the role. Read operations manual, human resource manual once every quarter.
- Live the company’s brand values
- Timeliness in performance management and reporting.
- Update on Personal Development Plans.
- Ensure timely and strict adherence to operational processes, guidelines and procedures by self and the team.
- Continuously improves processes, procedures and methods required to effectively perform job at own position.
- Provides input regarding improvements in processes, procedures and methods within the team/function and the organization as a whole.
- Ensure the safe and secure keeping of all sensitive records and important information.
- Compliance with company processes and procedures.
- Up to date operational processes and procedures.
- Timeliness and accuracy of documents, reports and data provided.
- Maintenance of confidentiality as required.
- Effective processes, procedures and methods within the function and organization.
- Framework, Boundaries and Decision Making Authority
The position is important to ensure the smooth running of the company’s Operations and to ensure that the Management is always well informed and advised of all operational issues.
The position holder builds and maintains relationships with key stakeholders within the organization.
The job holder is firm and confident yet pleasant and friendly in making decisions. The job requires confidentiality in handling matters, and effectiveness in monitoring, following up and organization.
Qualifications for the Executive Drivers Job
- Minimum grade C in K.C.S.E education level or equivalent.
- Minimum of a higher diploma in a business administration and management discipline.
- Should have a valid driving license.
- Should be a holder of a Public Service Vehicle (P.S.V.) license
- Less than one year certificate of good conduct.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must have excellent customer service and relationship skills.
- Must be a good team player and excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be highly self-motivated, self-driven and goal oriented.
- Proven planning, co-ordination and time management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and set priorities.
- Must be well groomed and outgoing.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your CV to [email protected]. As the subject line of your email, write “2030” and please make sure to include your Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2030, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx. in the message body. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 30th April 2017
* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793