Executive Housekeeper Job at Hilton Hotel Nairobi
Ref No: HOT030YQ
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences.
The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality.
With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow’s savvy global travelers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected.
What are we looking for?
As an Executive Housekeeper, you will oversee all Housekeeping / Laundry Operations to deliver excellent Guest and Team Member experience while evaluating guest satisfaction and setting departmental targets and objectives.
- Specifically you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Evaluate guest satisfaction and monitor trends with a focus on continuous improvement
- Set departmental targets and objectives and ensure that they are achieved,• Plans, organizes and monitors housekeeping staff activities to ensure compliance with brand standards set by the hotel
- Regularly inspect all guest amenities to ensure that they conform to the set standards.
- Recruit, manage, coach and counsels Housekeeping team
- Operate within departmental budget through effective stock and cost controls and well managed schedules.
- Maintain good communication and work relationship among the team and external guest as well
- Carry out performance appraisals for all team members within your jurisdiction
Qualification Standards for Executive Housekeeper Job
- Degree in Hotel management o equivalent qualification.
- Minimum of 7 years’ housekeeping/laundry experience, 3 years of which must be in a managerial of supervisory capacity.
- Experience in a 5 star hotel setting will be an added advantage.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of housekeeping / laundry operations in a hospitality environment
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger and to collect accurate information and to resolve problems.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
How to Apply
Excellent future career opportunities are available within the organization. Compensation and benefits are commensurate with background and experience. Interested candidates are invited to apply through here before end of day 27 July 2016