Executive Housekeeper Jobs in Kenya
Our client is a five star hotel with a designed to be haven from the hustle and bustle and an ideal place for people from all over the world to come together.
Customers become part of a circle of humanitarian values and social responsibility embracing the concept of ‘hospitality with conscience’.
The Hotel is looking for a qualified person to fill the following position.
Reporting to: General Manager
Job Location: Nairobi
Operates the department in the most efficient manner possible through effective application and enforcement of company policies, the use of methods described in standard operating procedures and the use of sound management principles.
Primarily responsible for the cleanliness of guest rooms and public areas assigned to the housekeeping department.
Accomplish assigned tasks through proper training, motivation and supervision of all personnel assigned to the housekeeping and laundry department.
Executive Housekeeper Job Key Responsibilities
- Coordinate with the Human Resources department regarding pre-screening of employees, indicating staffing needs and qualifications desired of personnel necessary to staffing the housekeeping and laundry departments.
- Coordinate with the human resource manager on hiring of immediate subordinates.
- Develop plans, actions and standard operating procedures for the operation and administration of assigned departments.
- Establish and maintain housekeeping and laundry scheduling procedures, taking into consideration occupancy, time and use of facilities and related public speciality areas and events
- Organize the housekeeping department using the housekeeping team concept with each housekeeper cleaning room sections
- Develop an inspection program for all public areas and guest rooms to ensure that proper maintenance and standards are achieved and sustained.
- Coordinate the operation of the housekeeping and laundry departments in the hotel to guarantee minimum disruption in the overall operation of the hotel.
- With assistance from the General Manager, develop budgets for housekeeping, laundry and recreation departments to ensure that each operates within established costs while providing maximum service.
- Establish a training program within assigned departments which will enable positions of increased responsibility to be filled from within the department.
- Be constantly alert for newer methods, techniques, equipment and materials that will improve the overall operation of the departments and will provide more efficient operation at reduced costs
- Stimulate within all employees a friendly and cheerful attitude, giving proper emphasis to courtesy in contacts with guests and other employees
- Administer time card control over all assigned employees
- Maintain strict inventory and purchase control over all controllable items
- Develop job descriptions for all members of assigned staff
- Serve as expeditor on special projects assigned by the General Manager
- Communicate freely and effectively with assigned personnel, continuously passing onto assistants and subordinates any information necessary to make them feel included in the overall operation of the hotel
- Reassure, if necessary the objectives toward which hotel employees are striving
- Conduct employee performance appraisals on time, showing objectivity and sincerity. Employees should be personally counselled toward improvement.
- Coordinate with the Human Resource Manager concerning the termination of an employee
- Maintain control of linen rooms, storerooms, new linen and cleaning supplies ensuring adequate security and supply
- Be responsible for the proper scheduling of the department, keeping in mind the forecast of daily occupancy
- Develop a personal plan to carry out responsibilities
- Work Emphasis
- Time allocation for performance of position responsibilities
- Performs other duties and projects as may be assigned
- Answers both external and internal telephone calls in accordance to the hotel standards
- To participate in any training/development schemes as required by management
- Report to the work station on time
- Be completely conversant with and adhere to Hotel Fire and evacuation procedures
- Be completely conversant with Hotel health and safety policy and procedures
- Be completely conversant with and participate in marketing Hotel facilities and attractions
- Be completely conversant with short and long term marketing promotions
- Be completely conversant with and adhere to Hotel operational standards
- Be completely conversant with the Hotel environmental policy
- To promote efficiency, confidence, courtesy and high standard of skills at all times
- To portray a pleasant personality and a positive attitude at all times
- To necessitate and promote inter-departmental relationships
- Should not perform duties under the influence of any drugs which have a negative influence on performance
- To report any equipment failures and pass any maintenance information to the supervisors
- Comply with hotel rules and regulations and provisions contained in te employment handbook
- Comply with company grooming and dress code standards
- Comply with timekeeping and attendance policies
- Actively participate in training and development programs and maximize opportunities for self development
- Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards to include:
- Being attentive to guests
- Accurately and promptly fulfilling guest requests
- Understand and anticipate guest needs
- Ensure that Guest complaints are solved promptly and appropriately
- Maintain a high level of knowledge which will enhance the guest experience
Health Safety & Security
- Demonstrate an understanding and awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and
- Fire Life Safety
- Familiarise yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures
- Ensure all security incidents, accidents and near misses are always logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention of your line manager as per Fire Life &Safety (FLS) PROCEDURES
- Be completely conversant with and adhere to the Hotel’s environmental policy
- Comply with the company corporate code of conduct at all times
- Familiarise yourself with the company vision and values which link to our model of desires behaviours that we expect all employees to display
- Perform other tasks at the level of the role as directed by your line manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals
- Desire and ability to improve your knowledge and abilities through on-going training
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team with colleagues from different viewpoints, cultures and countries
- Be completely conversant with and adhere to the departmental standards and procedures
Desired Competencies for the Executive Housekeeper Job
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Mastery in delegating multiple tasks
- Communication and leadership skills
- Ability to manage personnel and meet Key performance indicators
- Guest oriented and service minded
- Demonstrate ability to motivate and manage a diverse team
- 3-5 years professional experience in a similar position
- Degree in Hotel Management or any other related field
- Professional Training in Housekeeping is desired
How to Apply
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees including their email addresses (1 of which should be your immediate supervisor, 1 former supervisor and 1 any other not relatives) should be submitted to: [email protected] on or before 29th December 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. NB: Please clearly indicate in the subject line as “EXECUTIVE HOUSE KEEPER”