Executive Housekeeper Job at Duma Works, Kenya
Duma Works is recruiting an Executive Housekeeper for our client; a leading hotel in Nyeri.
- The Housekeeper is responsible for planning, organizing, and developing of the overall operation of the housekeeping department.
- Responsible for staffing, scheduling, training and developing hourly staff.
- The establishment is located in central Kenya; interested candidates should be open to working/being stationed here.
Executive Housekeeper Job Responsibilities
As the person in charge of all the hotel accommodation, the successful candidate will:-
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Lead and supervise the day-to-day operation of the department to ensure service standards are followed
- Handle guest concerns and react quickly, logging and notifying the proper areas
- Actively participate in daily briefing, daily warm up and department meetings
- Ensure room housekeeping attendants are informed daily about priorities in their section
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Report necessary maintenance items
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications for Executive Housekeeper Job
- Relevant Course in Housekeeping
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Proficient in English (verbal & written) essential
- Minimum 2 years experience with above 1 year in a supervisory capacity in a hotel housekeeping environment
- Proven training skills/ previous experience managing a team of housekeeping employees through motivation, coaching and development.
- Proactive with a meticulous eye for detail
- Strong organizational, supervisory and communication skills
- Able to convey information and ideas clearly
- Ability to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately
- Work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
- Effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and guests
- Must be able to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work well with limited supervision
How to Apply
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] As the subject line of your email, write “2290” and please make sure to include Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2290, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.in the message body. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through. Deadline for receiving applications: 10th August 2016