Executive Officer Job at Kenya Girl Guides Association
The Kenya Girl Guides Association (KGGA) is a member organization of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS).
KGGA is one of the largest youth Associations in Kenya. KGGA operates through a value based program and has a national membership of girls and young women representing every race, ethnicity, culture, class and religion in Kenya.
We are looking to fill the position of Executive Officer who will be reporting to the Executive Committee through the Deputy Chief Commissioner.
Executive Job Job Objectives:
- Work in partnership with the Deputy Chief Commissioner to shape and lead on the delivery of the vision for KGGA’s service to girls and young women and inspire extraordinary volunteers to ensure they can deliver a first-class Guiding experience to over 300,000 girls and young women in Kenya.
- To advocate for Girl Guides; the “voice” for girls at the local, regional and national levels; understanding of critical issues affecting girls’ lives, navigating between traditional Girl Guides and building for the future;
- Support the Deputy Chief Commissioner to drive the Strategy and formulate plans to achieve goals;
- To identify, cultivate and increase diverse funding streams;
- Build, inspire and drive teams and partnerships to execute necessary business.
Qualifications for Executive Officer Job
- A master’s degree in Business Administration or a related field or equivalent experience is desired.
The position requires demonstrated skill, experience and success in the following areas:
- Experience in undertaking a leadership role in a high-profile organization.
- Track record for building on organizational and staff performance.
- Share’s volunteers’ passion of KGGA and their commitment to bringing the modern Guiding experience to more and more girls in the years ahead.
- Experience working effectively with a Board;
- Open, honest, and transparent; use of superior judgment and integrity.
- Proven track record of identifying cultivating and increasing diverse funding streams; understands the fundraising principles; promotes visibility and credibility of Girl Guides in the community.
- Solid business and financial acumen.
- Proven track record of building, inspiring and driving teams and partnerships to execute necessary business and program outcomes; excellent talent management skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a volunteer driven membership organization.
How to Apply
- Please submit a cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position together with a detailed CV to [email protected] by 28th July 2016.
- Indicate Executive Officer in the Subject Line. Late applications or hard copies will not be considered.
- Please note: At no point in the entire recruitment process shall the candidate have to pay any money as a condition of engagement.
- Only shortlisted candidates will have their applications acknowledged.