Hotel Overview: With magnificent views of majestic Mount Kenya, the Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club Resort’s 120 luxuriously appointed hotel rooms, set in over 100 acres of landscaped gardens, offer a unique blend of comfort, relaxation and adventure. Originally the retreat of movie star and Club founder, William Holden, the Club’s illustrious former members have included Winston Churchill and Bing Crosby
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Financial Controller, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:-
• Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
• Management of the hotel’s purchasing and stores department.
• Administer the hotel’s purchasing system by assisting departments in processing electronic purchase requisitions on a daily basis.
• Ensure the integrity of the purchasing system is maintained and up to date, including maintenance of departmental check book system.
• Oversee the management of the hotel’s inventory storerooms, ensuring corporate policy and procedures is maintained and followed.
• Oversee the receiving process of goods entering the hotel, ensuring corporate policy and procedures is maintained and followed.
• Maintain positive relations with key suppliers and vendors, including regular reviews of our vendor compliance.
• Ensure supplier compliance with site and company requirements for safety
• Liaise with Accounts Payable section to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices.
• Assist departments in sourcing new vendors and suppliers in order to determine product availability and terms of sales.
• Manage the addition of new suppliers to the purchasing system, ensuring all required documentation is provided.
• Negotiate prices, delivery schedules and freight terms as well as contracts with vendors.
• Review inventory levels as required to determine stock on hand is adequate and determine inventory level adjustments as needed.
• Minimum of 5 years hotel purchasing management experience required.
• University degree in relavent field preferred.
• Proven leadership and coaching skills.
• Familiarity with hotel operating systems and software, including Opera and Micros systems, Microsoft Office.
• Excellent administrative, interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
Visa Requirements:The position is open for citizens only
APPLY TODAY:Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you’ll find exceptional work opportunities – throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific – as well as industry – leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award – winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here