Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
Vacancy Announcement No: FAO/07/2016
Position Title: Compliance Monitoring Officer
Organizational Unit: FAO-Somalia
Duration: 3 Months
Anticipated start date: Immediately
- Provide direction and oversight of the staff responsible for the compliance Hotline, manages the staff in the Compliance Call Centre;
- In close collaboration with unit managers, develops and implements plans for Call Centre (CC) interventions;
- In consultation with the Compliance and Risk Management (RM) Officer periodically reviews CC data collection questions for possible updating of the Form Monitoring Tool (FMT) following consultations with CC staff and technical unit managers;
- Analyzes the daily and weekly reports originating from CC data for the attention of FAO management and possible follow-up with Non-Government Organizations (NGO) for project steering opportunities;
- Manage the mainstreaming of Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP) in FAO Somalia, prepare detailed work plans and budgets for AAP roll-out to NGO’s Government departments and beneficiaries;
- Manage the feedback information from beneficiaries through CC staff and the Hotline, with technical unit managers;
- In consultation with the Information Officer prepare communication plans for AAP; and provide briefings and training courses for FAO and NGO staff at all levels of responsibility.
- Represents FAO at UN meetings on AAP and UNO meetings on Risk Management;
- Act on behalf of the Compliance and Risk management Officer when required/ absent;
- University degree or equivalent in one of the following fields: Development related field e.g. Agriculture, Animal health, Economics, Business Administration or Development studies.
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in an area related to Compliance & Monitoring Evaluation
- Experience in basic computer programming, web design and database management;
- Experience in conducting training in the areas of information management, database design, computer system design;
- Experience in data collection, processing, analysis, reporting and dissemination;
- Working knowledge (level C) of the FAO official language used for communication within the country (English).
- Somali speaking candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Ability to effectively use standard office software such as MS Office (Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, Exchange) etc.
- Ability to use software and other information systems and databases to insert data, make enquiries, retrieve/define ad hoc reports and analyses and edit results in appropriate format.
- Systematic, well structured and efficient approach to work assignments.
- Analytical ability, accuracy and consistency.
- Exercise diligence and care in dealing with records and expenditures.
- The incumbent must possess a cooperative spirit, flexibility and openness to work in an international environment.
- Tact, courtesy and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural background.
How to Apply