Purpose of the role
The intern will be based in Nairobi; will form an integral part of Farm Africa’s Kenya Market-led Aquaculture Programme (KMAP) Nairobi Team. Intern Communications and marketing Assistant will also provide communications support to Nairobi office team. The intern will perform a variety of entry level communications and marketing duties. These tasks include drafting/editing stories from the field, taking of minutes, support in media relations, managing photo and story catalogue and other related tasks. Some of these activities will require short field travel.
Responsibilities for the Communications & Marketing Internships in Kenya
- Provide support for drafting literature and materials for various project activities and success stories
- Assist with handling events/training sessions for projects to ensure they are successful
- Following up on supplier deliveries to ensure suppliers deliver goods and services on time.
- Maintaining and updating the photo catalogue
- Taking project pictures to go along with success stories and project literature
- Updating media list as required
- Collecting and filing print media stories involving agriculture and which affect Farm Africa projects
- Basic design of project visibility materials
- Undertake any other tasks as requested by projects and Nairobi office
Qualifications for the Communications & Marketing Internships in Kenya
- Candidates with qualifications in Journalism, marketing or have some experience in a development field or related disciplines or those pursuing these courses are encouraged to apply
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A good eye for quality design and presentation (basic design skills)
- Basic photography and design skills with interest in videography
- Good networking skills
- Media and social media experience
- Other skills: Computer literacy is essential (Ms Office suite, editing software).
How to Apply
Please submit your CV, and one-page application letter detailing how you meet the person specification to: [email protected]. You should indicate the post title in the subject line and copy to [email protected] latest by 5.00pm on 14th February 2017