Job Vacancy: Programmes Admin Officer
Job Ref: HR/09/PAO
Farm Concern International (FCI) is an Africa-wide Development and Small holder Commercialization organization, developing modern marketing concepts and building business relationships through strategic alliances to enhance economic growth among small holder’s communities in various countries in Africa.
Job Summary and Overall Purpose: To provide an efficient and responsive administrative, organizational, and logistical support to the Associate Director and Programme Team Leader Office, helping to manage and prioritize work schedules.
The holder will be responsible for the smooth coordination of day to day operations in the office, ensuring proper scheduling of meetings, and follow seamless understanding of issues between Country office, programmes and other operational matters.
One will be required to be proactive in opinion by giving information and direction where necessary.
Professional Requirement / Competence: The position requires demonstrated & good communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
This being a highly interactive position, the incumbent will be required to manifest ability to exhibit team work, high level of integrity and confidentiality with solid skills in documentation.
- Schedule on behalf of the AD meetings both internal with direct reports and other departments and externally, with partners and stakeholders
- Manage and maintain the diary and ensure diary commitments are met, ensuring minutes and other documentation, action points and schedules are managed effectively.
- Planning Mission and events for the office in liaison with Country Manager, Programmes Managers and other staff.
- Coordinate travel and accommodation requirements in connection with others and ensure arrangements in place for the travel requirements.
- Coordinate events such as workshops, trainings that the office is required to play certain roles and ensuring documents are edited, files ready and other documentations.
- Management of correspondences; filter emails, highlight urgent correspondence, file and retrieve records both electronic and physical.
- Ensure effective coordination of information from the Office to other functions and staff.
- Timely planning for communication and documentation
- Coordinate information dissemination to key stakeholders e.g. Government, Donors, public e.t.c
- Provide administrative support towards various internal & external deadline
- Ensure the inquiries are documented, reviewed and cleared through the office on who is well suited to respond to specific correspondences
- BSC/ BA in Development Communication, BSC/ BA in Project Management
Job Skills & Personal Attributes
- Teamwork ability
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
- Analytical and technical skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply by sending an email with the specific vacancy number and the position to [email protected] to get a detailed job description.
Application deadline is 14th September 2015