Feed the Children
HR & Administration Officer
Reporting to the HR Manager
Overseeing the Admin assistants and Receptionists
This position performs specific administrative duties and supports the HR function in the organization.
- Accord administrative and logistic support to staff and visitors, in flight bookings, accommodation and meeting venue reservations
- Coordinate Board, Senior Management Team meetings, Regional training and minute taking for the same
- Manage administration filing, the Regional Directors file system and records
- Manage organization mail- sending, collection, sorting and distribution including correspondences sent on the general email address (info).
- Manage, and expense administration catering provisions, stationery and equipment related payments
- Handle memos, reports, presentations, certification and correspondence between the country office and Head office, Partners or Donors in liaison with other departments
- Provide oversight to the receptionists/admin assistants mentoring and coaching them
- Collecting and collating departmental reports/data and compiling into the monthly report or other organizational reports
- File NGO annual returns on time and related compliance
- Support staff recruitment, placement and contract management processes and respond to unsuccessful candidates
- Conduct staff orientation/induction process for new and existing staff
- Maintain and update efficient and effective filing and retrieval systems to ensure employee records &HR documents for both old and new staff are filed well,
- Regular updating of staff contacts, organization chart and strategy.
- Maintaining soft and hard copy files of HR documents
- Offer HR support and advice to managers, team leaders and employees
- Assist formulation and review of Policies & Procedures of the organization in line with Laws.
- Support the process of job planning and performance management/appraisal process
- Assist reviewing of staff job descriptions to suit current status
- Plan, coordinate and schedule staff training program, HR and other organizational major events. Also, creating and updating an organizational record of all staff development events (training, team-building, courses, seminars, workshops etc.)
- Handle staff compensation and benefits with confidentiality and integrity (Salaries, Pensions, Medical, GL) and work closely with the service providers on matters arising
- In partnership with the HRM, handle staff conflict, disciplinary and staff grievances
- Establish and maintain relations with Government, and relevant Labor stakeholders
- Communicate and create staff awareness on Administration and HR procedures
- Plan and facilitate staff events together with other staff teams
- Attend to staff inquiries at the office and the field
- Maintain effective liaison with finance department to ensure payroll, payments and statutory obligations are correctly met on time
- Timely submission and proper filing of statutory deductions (NSSF, NHIF and NITA) including application and follow up of NITA training reimbursement
- Maintain and update the database system for keeping track of employees’ daily attendance, leaves of absence, overtime/time-off, etc.
- Keeping records of viable/good CVs for easy retrieval during snap recruitments
- Ensure staff complete documentation and procedures associated with discharge
- Other duties assigned by the Line Manager
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements of the above position, please send your application letter, detailed CV, phone and email contacts of three (3) reference to [email protected] indicating the position in your subject line by 23rd September 2015. Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.