Position: PR & Communications Officer
Reporting to: PR & Communications Manager
Feed the Children is one of the World’s leading anti-hunger organizations and brings together caring individuals to create a world where no child goes to bed hungry.
Together, we help children by providing healthy food, safe water, education so that children and their families in all the countries where we work become independent.
Purpose of the Position: The Public Relations (PR) & Communications Officer will work with diverse teams to create, implement and maintain PR & Communications initiatives in the organization.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate office activities, manage information and facilitate internal and external operations related to PR & Communications using the necessary tools and channels of communication
- Support in coordination of communication campaigns that reach to internal and external stakeholders in line with organizational activities, procedures, promotional activities, and events
- Capture ongoing activities and development in the organization which may help in fundraising and marketing and also for publicity in the organizations’ website and social media sites.
- Support in developing success stories to be used in fundraising & marketing and assist in gathering relevant information for organizations’ publications
- Support in media engagement and management
- Support in the production of promotional material and publications, including brochures, flyers, posters, electronic promotions, calendars, and other publicity support materials.
- Work hand in hand with all units in the organization to ensure communication procedure are well adhered to and important success stories are captured for Marketing and Fundraising.
- Effectively communicate Feed the Children brand to all staff and ensure staff adhere to brand guidelines
- Perform any other duties that contribute to the organizations growth in creating a world where no child goes to bed hungry
- Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or similar field.
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience in PR & Communications (preferably in the nonprofit sector)
- Fully conversant with ICT and office applications with experience of using desktop publishing software
Relevant Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, with ability to adapt style to suit different audiences
- Excellent photography skills
- Creative and innovative approach to communications and branding.
- Up-to-date on new opportunities for the not-for-profit sector
- Excellent collaboration, team work and interpersonal skills
- Good events organizing capabilities
- Creativity, innovation and ability to take initiative
- Ability to work well in a multicultural environment across different geographical locations.
- Knowledge and good understanding of Children related policies and rights.
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements of the above position, please send your application letter, detailed CV, phone and email contacts of three (3) reference to [email protected] indicating the position in your subject line by 7th September 2015.
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.