>Key Tasks and Responsibilities for the incumbent
- Ensuring compliance with labour legislations,
- Processing insurance claims:- employee injury/accident claims and company property loss and motor vehicle claims as well as making follow-ups,
- Implementation of HR Policies, SOPs, and manual,
- Offering support to HR Manager’s initiatives on HR Functions-OSHA, WIBA, NITA, NEMA, Support HR Manager in training and development of staff,
- Offering support to HRM on matter of performance management,
- Handling employee welfare issues,
- Manpower planning and forecasting offering advice to supervisors,
- Implement health and safety rules and regulations as may by delegated by the HR Manager
- Opening personal files and ensuring all documentation is in place and inducting new employees into the company.
- Leave management – ensuring leave records for all the employees are up-to-date, leave applications are processed in time. Handling induction- programs and actual induction
- Ensuring all staff on probation are appraised and performance reports submitted.
- Fidelity issues: Ensure any fidelity issue is reported to the management in time and the matter reported to the police for the police abstract.
- Follow up compensation of staff injured whilst working with the company and getting any official intercompany communication letters from the HRM
- Assist the HRM the management of Health and Safety, labour issues, and correspondences
- Conduct inductions, reference checks, preparing contracts for new hires
- Ensuring preparation of error free payroll for both permanent and casual employees by ensuring proper capturing of data, benefits or deductions on the payroll without omission
- File Management by maintaining employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Managing preparation of reports on payroll liabilities by supervising compilation of timely statutory NSSF, NHIF PAYE, HELB, DIT/ NITA Levy, Insurance, Sacco, Debits summaries, and check-offs by end of each month payroll
- Develop strong work ethic and performance culture amongst subordinates and other company employees.
- Ensuring final dues are prepared on time for payment and forwarding to HR Manager for approval
- Any other duty relating to HR management as may be assigned from time to time by the HR Manager
Skills, Interest and Qualifications:
- Three years’ hands-on experience with at least 4 year in management
- A motivated team player
- People management skills,
- Knowledge in compensation, Payroll System, pay structure, leave Schedule and reporting skills,
- Employment law and application, standard procedures and general staff matters
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Proficient with basic budget management and calculations.
- Proper planning and organisational skills
- Problem solving skills
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to manage your time and meet deadlines
- Honesty and respect for confidential information.
Education and Qualification
- Post graduate diploma in Human Resource Management.
- Degree in Human Resource Management or Business Management
- Member of Institute of Human Resource management
- Three years’ hands on experience in human resources
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are requested to forward their applications and CVs to [email protected] by 18/10/2016.
Please quote your current/previous and expected salary.