Fountain Enterprises Programme
Job Title: Finance Manager
Section / Department: Holdings
Job Category: Job Group “F”
Reports To: Group Finance Manager
Location / Branch: Nairobi, Kenya
Main Purpose of the Job: To oversee overall Management of financial and accounting systems, controls standards, policies and practices of the company and assigned SBU’s.
• Oversees the continuous preparation of timely financial management reports for the decision making and drawing attention to matters affecting or likely to affect the various areas of the business.
• Establishes, review and implement existing financial management policies and procedures and ensure full implementation and compliance by all staff
• Directs and ensures maintenance and accuracy of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, receipts and expenditures, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses.
• Ensures adherence to effective and efficient credit management system
• Ensures effective cash flow management for Divisional SBU’s in liaison with SBU accountants
• Ensures timely preparation of books of accounts for statutory Audit and liaises with the internal and external auditors
• Continuously designs and maintains comprehensive internal controls to ensure best practice and compliance with GAAP and applicable laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
• Ensures preparation of all accounting reconciliations and ensures the relevant adjustments are raised
• Ensures all statutory compliance with the relevant authorities such as NSSF, NHIF, PAYE, VAT, instalment & Corporation Taxes and the management of other statutory commitments.
• Ensure effective controls on project funding by reviewing projects budgets, accounting for disbursements, and overall project cost management
• Ensures scheduling of stock take exercises reviews stock valuation reports.
• Coordinates annual budgeting excise for the division and ensure budgetary monitoring and control.
• Oversees custody of the Divisional asset registers and ensures that all assets of the company are insured.
• Liaises with the financiers and ensures all bank facilities are promptly serviced.
• Perform other related tasks as assigned.
Key Deliverables of this position
• Effective management of finances, cash flow management, credit management procurement processes, ledger accounts
• Accuracy and timely preparation of Budgets, effective budgetary controls and financial reports
• Implementation and review of internal controls mechanisms to ensure best practice (cost, inventories, assets etc).
• Professional relationship with internal and external stakeholders including auditors, KRA, bankers, employees, customers, suppliers and other stakeholders.
Direct Reports (Jobs reporting to this position): Divisional Accountants, Unit accountants(For the specific SBU’s)
• All staff
• Degree in Business or related field
• CPA (K) or its equivalent
• Presentation Skills
• Reporting and Communication Skills
Job / Functional Skills
• Numerical excellence
• Attention to detail
• Statutory Compliance
• Audit Exposure
• At least 5 years of relevant experience
How to Apply
Applications should be sent to [email protected] not later than Wednesday 21st October, 2015 COB.
Applicants are requested to state on their application, their current/Most recent and expected salary.