Fountain Enterprises Programme
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Section / Department: Internal Audit
Job Category: Job Group “D”
Reports To: Group Audit, Risk and Compliance Manager
Location / Branch: Nairobi, Kenya
Main Purpose of the Job: Ensure that the company and all its subsidiaries comply with the laid down internal procedures and the legal provisions required.
• Carrying out independent assessment of business and operational risks
• Assist in developing and implementing audit plans, programs and tests.
• Reviewing existing internal control systems and procedures
• Assisting in ensuring efficient use and accounting for company assets and safeguarding against loss.
• Assist in assessing whether all the business units within the group comply with group policies and procedures.
• Assist in assessing whether all the business units within the group comply with various government legislations and laws that regulate the respective businesses.
• Prepare audit findings on all observations for review by Group Audit, Risk and Compliance manager and address all review questions.
• Participate in assets count and verification
• Maintain audit working papers and risk based audit test for each assignment.
• Conduct system documentation for each business cycle.
• Test adequacy and effectiveness of systems in place.
• Carry out investigations as directed by Group Audit, Risk and Compliance Manager
• Conduct ad hoc assignments
• Perform other related tasks as assigned.
2 or 3 Key Deliverables of this position
• Preparation of Risk Register
• Preparation of Audit reports
• Monitoring of implementation of audit recommendations
• Reporting on compliance to standards and statutory regulations by all SBUs
• All staff
• Masters in Accounting, Audit or Finance
• CPA (K) or its equivalent
• Four (4) years of verifiable experience internal audit and compliance
• Experience in internal controls
Job / Functional Skills
• Numerical skills
• At least 4 years of relevant experience
How to Apply
Applications should be sent to [email protected] not later than Wednesday 21st October, 2015 COB.
Applicants are requested to state on their application, their current/Most recent and expected salary.