Data Management Assistant Job at FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Data Management Assistant
Funded through USAID Kenya and implemented through FHI360, the goal of USAID Kenya Nutrition and Health Program plus is to improve nutrition status of Kenyan through improving Access and Demand for Quality Nutrition Interventions at Community and Facility Levels, strengthening Nutrition Commodity Management and improving Food and Nutrition Security.
USAID Kenya Nutrition and Health Program plus maintains a central database of monthly data service and commodity prescription from over 1,100 participating sites and commodity delivery details from the SCM partner. The data reports include enrollment and follow up patient details, client prescription details, monthly consumption reports and commodity delivery details.
The central database is maintained on a MySQL database platform, with VB.NET as its main user interface, which also supports partial data analysis and validation. To assist in data capture and site follow up, The Kenya Nutrition and Health Program plus is recruiting Temporary Data Management Assistants on short term performance based contract.
Data Management Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Under supervision of the M&E specialist, the candidate will specifically be responsible for:
- Assist in documentation of data reports received from participating sites
- Reconciliation of information from paper forms to digital, with a minimum 350 entries/day
- Identify incomplete key indicators from the data forms
- Perform data cleaning of entered records using customized system or appropriate SQL interface
- Assist in generation and dispatch of monthly site feedback reports
- Assist in archiving of digitized forms
- Any other duties assigned by M&E specialist
- Supportive attitude towards processes of strengthening program office staff/field-based-staff capacity;
- Leadership qualities, team management including mediation and conflict resolution;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multitasking environment;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Excellent knowledge of statistics including skills use of computer software for statistical analysis and other relevant applications;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in and outside the program;
- Ability to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability in report writing and presentation
Qualifications for the Data Management Assistant Job
- Minimum of Diploma in IT, computer science or related field
- Minimum 1-year practical experience in data management in a busy environment
- Excellent knowledge of database systems, MS Office applications
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
How to Apply
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment.
Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360’s Career Center to apply.