FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions.
Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges.
FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
FHI 360 is seeking qualified candidates for the below position.
Laboratory Specialist, Laboratory Sciences Division
Location: Nakuru, Kenya
Reference No: 16185
Position Summary: Provides laboratory technical assistance, capacity building, training, and quality assurance services to clinical laboratories serving, FHI 360 research and public health programs.
In addition, provides these same services to third-party funded programs.
Prepares laboratory procedures and manuals and trains staff in their use.
Prepares reports and supports the followup of technical assistance and assessment visits to include corrective actions and capacity building initiatives.
- Degree in biological science or laboratory sciences within a clinical or diagnostic discipline or Higher National Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology or equivalent with 5-7 years of experience.
- At least four years related work experience within a clinical or research laboratory including experience with laboratory quality control and quality assurance systems and implementation as well as SLMTA/SLIPTA.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Ability and aptitude to provide laboratory technical assistance and capacity building services and to perform quality assurance assessments against accepted national and international standards and regulations.
- Demonstrated creative problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills including experience in training and mentoring staff and others.
- Ability to travel within Kenya or other countries in Africa for up 60% of the time.
- FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to register online through FHI 360’s Career Center https://jobs-fhi360.icims.com, Key in the Reference No. where a detailed Job description will be availed.
Alternatively you can apply via email to: [email protected]
Please specify source in your application and quote the Requisition ID provided on the subject line while sending your application, CV/resume including salary requirements, to be received not later than October 16, 2015.
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.