FHI 360 is currently seeking an Associate Technical Officer, Community Services for the USAID-funded Afya Uzazi Nakuru/Baringo Program. The project aims to provide technical assistance and support to scale up evidence-based maternal, newborn, and child health interventions; family planning and reproductive health services; and nutrition activities in focus geographical areas.
S/he will facilitate the functionality and sustainability of Community Units in the project coverage areas (Nakuru & Baringo Counties) including documentation and review of records and ensuring that the referral systems to increase access to integrated services at the community level is functioning.
- The Associate Technical Officer – Community Services will conduct social mobilization of community structures and population to effectively participate in their own health programs.
- Provide continuous mentorship to community structures and leadership on health, development and related issues.
- Oversee effective networking & collaboration within and beyond communities for learning and leveraging on health and developments.
- Working with the County’s Community strategy focused person to support the establishment of Community units in identified locations.
- Ensure that community units achieve quality data through community base health management information system tools MoH 513, 514 and referral booklet.
- Facilitate community level data use initiatives i.e. Dialogue Days, Health Action Days and Integrated Health Outreaches.
- Oversee both technical and structural capacity building processes of the community units and key level 1 personnel.
- Provide timely and quality project progress reports as per donor requirements.
- Facilitate capacity building and linkages of community units on viable livelihood support initiatives.
- Acts as link between Afya Uzazi Nakuru/Baringo Program and the health facilities (CHEW) and the community (Community Units).
- Working knowledge of MOH Community Health Strategy protocols.
- Resourceful and creative thinker with the ability to develop simple and efficient solutions and recommendations.
- Excellent community mobilization skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office Suite.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, particularly diplomacy.
- Good in spoken Swahili, and written and spoken English and report writing.
- Experience in community extension work will be an added advantage.
- A diploma in Community Development or Diploma in Nutrition and Food Sciences with 5-7 years’ relevant working experience or Bachelor’s degree in the same field with 3-5 years’ relevant working experience.
- Seven (7) years’ experience working at the community level.
- Experience and skills in community health programming and implementing various social determinants programs.
- Hands on experience in implementing MOH Community Health Strategy will be an added advantage.
- Experience in community mobilization, networking, training and networking.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360’s Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here