FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions.
Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges.
FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Contract and Procurement Officer
Responsibilities for the Contract & Procurement Officer Job
- Collaborates and works closely with the NHP plus team on all contract and procurement needs of the contract, advises and implements the most appropriate contracting and procurement vehicles and mechanisms to meet expectations and delivery of services and goods of the project.
- Manages the procurement process of services, equipment, supplies and nutrition commodities, for Nutrition and Health Program plus including receives, reviews and processes requisitions and other documents related to the purchase of services, supplies, commodities and equipment for the project.
- Contacts suppliers to schedule or expedite orders and deliveries, resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries to ensure contract terms and project needs are met, and enforce incentives for poor performance.
- Reviews and makes recommendations on the inspection and acceptance of the bills for payment.
- Maintains documentation of purchase orders and verifies invoices/bills of payments with the Commodities and
- Logistics Specialist and the NHPplus accounting processes.
- In collaboration with the Logistics Specialist, follows up on any bill of payment issues not accepted for the credit notes to be properly presented by the providers/suppliers prior to the affected transactions processing for payment.
- Maintains policies and procedures of organizational and donor regulations affecting purchases and shares information with management, the relevant staff members and vendors.
- Maintains records on purchase price information on both open market and contract purchases and revises these as conditions changes; obtains quotations on open market purchases.
- Compares prices, specifications, and delivery dates to determine the best bid among suppliers.
- Assists with developing and revising procurement operating procedures and policies.
- Collaborates with the NHPplus Team on procurement planning, assists in developing the right and timely specifications, calls for bids/quotations, analyzes quotations received, recommends and documents the source selection, completes the ordering process, communicates with the apparent and final supplier, and schedules deliveries for the project.
- Obtains certifications of delivery and conducts check against orders. Checks and approves invoices for orders placed.
- Provide capacity building to staff on policies and procedures of procurement related topics and functional areas.
- Inventories equipment, assist with filtering equipment throughout the asset management life cycle and prepares equipment for end-of-life disposition.
- Comply with and maintain knowledge of applicable rules, legislations, regulations and standards and best practices related to procurement actions to ensure they meet FHI 360 and USAID standards.
- Develops and maintains necessary records and files for efficient operation.
Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Chief of Party.
How to Apply