FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions.
Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges.
FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
FHI 360 is seeking a qualified candidate for the below position:
Senior Finance Specialist
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Position Summary: The Senior Finance Specialist will manage financial and procurement processes including compliance with USG rules and regulations.
Working with the internal auditing system and Financial Controller, the Senior Finance Specialist will establish internal control systems as well as accounting and financial reporting protocols for local subcontractors.
S/He will supervise activity financial staff and program budget matters, managing accounting and disbursement needs, verifying that procurements comply with USAID and Contractor’s financial guidelines, overseeing the training of staff and partner NGOs in financial systems, and assuring timely financial reporting to USAID.
- MBA/MS/MA in relevant field with 5 – 7 years or Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting or other relevant field with 7 – 9 years of experience.
- Advanced degree preferred;
- full membership of professional accounting body (ACCA or similar) strongly preferred alongside 5 – 8 years of progressively responsible accounting, finance and operational management, and experience providing financial management to USAID-funded awards;
- demonstrated expertise and excellent track record in management, finance, accounting, and office operations;
- working knowledge of USAID rules and regulations preferred;
- demonstrated management, supervision, networking and leadership skills;
- ability to set realistic priorities and plan for the successful implementation of programs;
- financial reporting experience for project management purposes;
- experience with procurement, logistics and other general administration;
- excellent verbal and written communication skills, and computer skills; and
- excellent interpersonal and professional attitude and conduct
How to Apply
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply via email to: [email protected] by August 17, 2015.
Please specify source in your application and quote the reference number on the subject line while sending your application.