Temporary Office Assistant Job at FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Temporay Office Assistant I
To provide basic support to FHI 360 Kenya in maintaining the office including; providing administrative and programming support to all the FHI 360 staff and consultants, general cleaning, handling mail and receptionist services at the switchboard, maintaining orderly appearance and functioning of the reception area. Provides general staff support as needed.
Responsibilities for the Temporary Office Assistant Job
- Ensuring the cleanliness of kitchens and washroom.
- Ensuring cleanliness of the offices, dusting of all computers and telephone heads.
- Ensuring adequate supplies of toiletries in the bathrooms.
- Checks to see that all windows are closed at the end of the day.
- Ensure that all general public areas are neat and clean.
- Prepare coffee, tea or other refreshments to staff and meetings and ensuring the meeting room is cleared thereafter.
- In charge of making sure the printing/documentation/photocopying area is well organised and mail in the pigeon holes is well organised.
- Monitor and ensure adequate cleaning of kitchens and washroom supplies.
- Handle pickup and delivery of items for the office as required.
- Assist in sending faxes and maintaining the fax machine, notifying the Administrative Officer when service and supplies are required.
- Assist in operating switchboard, direct incoming and outgoing calls as required by caller, determine the nature of the call and decide on appropriate routing.
- Assist in receiving and screening all incoming visitors in accordance with FHI 360 security procedures to identify them and determine the nature of their visit. Keeps a log of all visitors showing their name, time of arrival, who they visited and time of departure.
- Assist Admin in physical asset verification and tagging of asset
- Respond to general inquiries regarding FHI 360 Nairobi Office
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Assist Admin in circulations of bids analysis , invoices, DAI forms , requisition and documents for for approvals by Management ,Finance and Bid Evaluation committee
- Assist in picking quotations for office supplies , receiving and collection of supplies purchased
- Support in updating stationery in the store, issuing of stationery to staff and preparation of list for the re-order level.
- Ensuring supplies received are put away in the store or distributed to the users and packing of outbound packages for projects.
- Supervising cleaning services, repair or maintenance work being under taken by a contractor out of the regular working hours.
Requirements for the Temporary Office Assistant Job
- Clear speaking voice, neat and pleasant appearance.
- Good understanding of basic grammar.
- Ability to deal congenially and effectively with people, both in person and over the phone.
- Ability to be consistently organised, diplomatic and conscientious.
- Able to handle multiple tasks efficiently.
- Able to report to work and maintain time schedule and work extra hours as needed.
- Willing to learn, use and maintain office machines and assume responsibilities as skills increase.
- Willingness and interest in supporting FHI 360’s programs and goals.
- Ability to perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
Qualifications for the Temporary Office Assistant Job
- Must possess ‘O’ level with a minimum of three years working experience with a medium-to-large sized international organisation.
- Experience with switchboard equipment will be an added advantage.
- Must be in possession of a valid certificate of good conduct.
- Experience must reflect knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
How To Apply