FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Responsible for office program data collection and management activities.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management of project data bases in the field office.
- Assist in coordination of monitoring and evaluation activities of the public health project in Kenya at district level, focusing specifically on capacity building of partners on systems for collecting data for measuring project implementation.
- Under M&E Specialist’s guidance, offer technical assistance to implementing partners to develop and implement monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Provide logistical support to ensure constant availability and technical support to ensure use of approved standardized tools by facilities and implementing partners in accordance with guidelines stipulated by USAID and GOK.
- Ensure implementing partners understand the project indicators, have a functional system for collecting, analysis and synthesis of monitoring data.
- Offer technical support on reporting tools, data management processes, analysis and interpretation of indicators to implementing partners to meet program requirements.
- Train facilities and implementing partners on reporting requirements, indicator definitions and use of data tools.
- Plan and facilitate capacity building and training of implementing partners in monitoring and evaluation through formal and informal adult learning methods.
- Coordinate collection of public health project in Kenya program activities data to ensure it is complete and timely.
- Coordinate routine data quality assessments within respective regions.
- Provide support to implementing partners in compiling monthly reports and basic data analysis
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES
- Experience in setting up data bases,
- Experience in training and capacity building using adult learning methods,
- Experience in data analysis and presenting statistical reports
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines,
- Demonstrated team player,
- Keen to maintain data security and data quality systems
- Working knowledge of FHI/USAID/PEPFAR data requirements
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Tact and diplomacy in dealing with implementing partners
MS/MA/MPH in relevant field with 3-5 years relevant experience or BS/BA in relevant field with at least 5-7 years experience in Monitoring and Evaluation. Computer proficiency in word processing, databases, spreadsheets, including advanced skills in at least two of the following programs: SPSS, Excel, Stata, and Ms Access. Demonstrated experience with Health Management Information Systems and ability to transfer knowledge through informal and formal training
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here