FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Technical Officer, Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision
The Technical Officer- Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) will support the implementation of VMMC services. The position will report to the Associate Director, Care and Treatment.Recruitment is contingent upon successful award and the selection of the final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Oversee the planning, implementation and monitoring of VMMC services
- Provide quality assurance and control for the VMMC program in line with national guidelines
- Provide technical support for quality assurance and quality improvement activities
- Coordinate training of staff using an approved curriculum
- Liaise with Ministry of Health officials and other stakeholders in coordinating implementation of VMMC
- Prepare annual work plans for implementing activities, budgets and reports for VMMC services
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with MOH staff at all levels and other partners to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the program at all levels.
- Maintain smooth regular information flow with MOH officials, FHI 360 technical staff on technical issues.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Associate Director, Care and Treatment
REQUIREMENTS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES
- Excellent managerial and administrative skills.
- Sensitivity of cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV and VMMC services
- Ability to work with others and maintain compatibility among project staff, sub-contractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage projects, set priorities and plan for the successful implementation of programs.
- Ability to travel regionally, nationally and internationally as needed.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, team player with drive as an initiative.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS STANDARDS:
- Program management experience with implementation of VMMC program
- Degree in Medicine, preferably with supervision skills
- Working experience of at least 7-9 years and at least three years in HIV prevention, care and treatment
- Familiarity with decentralized public health systems.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office Suite.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.