Fhi360 Research Assistant Jobs
Temporary Research Assistant
# of Openings Remaining
More information about this job:
About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Temporary Research Assistant
To conduct a qualitative data collection – Gender Analysis, in Kuresoi South and North Sub-Counties (Nakuru County), Marigat, and Baringo North (Baringo County).
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Meet with Afya Uzazi team to discuss and understand the assessment background, objectives, study guides and field work plan.
- Attend four-day research assistants training on tools, tools adaptation and planning for the data collection.
- Conduct data collection of IDIs/KIIs/FGDs of target group in the respective sub-counties as will be assigned.
- Facilitate and record IDIs/KIIs/FGDs following the discussion guide.
- Transcribe the recorded KIIs/IDI/ FGDs.
- Previous experience with qualitative data collection – particularly IDIs, KIIs, FDGs and transcription.
- Ability to screen eligible participants for interviews.
- Experience in the region and (Nakuru and Baringo counties) is preferred but not required.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to follow study procedures.
- Previous training and experience in qualitative research data collection methods and transcription.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- BS/BA with 1 -3 years’ experience or diploma with 3 – 5 years’ experience.
- Experience working in Gender, Youth and FP/RMNCAH programs desirable.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360’s Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.