FIDA Kenya seeks to recruit a suitable candidate to fill the following vacant position in the Women & Governance Team.
Programme Officer II (to be based in Nairobi Office)
- Analyzing existing policies for gender responsiveness and accountability
- Planning coordination and implementation of programme activities.
- Commissioning, coordinating, supervision, editing and managing the undertaking of researches and documentation under the programme
- Coordinate and implement programme activities
- Developing policy briefs and other information communication materials
- Internal and external reporting on problematic
- Development of proposals, concept notes and work plans for funding and cultivating a good relationship with all partners
- Representing the organization in international, regional, national, county and community platforms
- Manage FIDA Kenya networks related to the program
- Lobbying and advocating on different thematic issues on women’s rights
- Monitoring the progress of programmatic initiatives and provide intervention and technical support for the achievement of desired objectives.
- Resource mobilization
Qualifications and Attributes
The ideal candidate should at least posses the following qualifications and attributes:-
- Bachelor of Laws or any other Social Sciences degree
- Training in program management and planning will be an added advantage
- Should possess at least 3 years work experience in NGO sector with knowledge in women’s rights issues
- Must possess interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Results oriented, team player, willing to travel and work under pressure
How to Apply
- Interested candidates who fully meet the above criteria should send their applications along with an updated Curriculum Vitae including 3 references, and their daytime contact, one of which must be a former employer.
- Also indicate expected salary.
- Kindly address to the undersigned to be received by Friday the 7th October, 2016 by 5.00pm
- Only successful candidates will be contacted.
- FIDA Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.The Executive Director FIDA Kenya Amboseli Road, off Gitanga Road, Lavington. P.O. Box 46324-00100 Nairobi
- Email: [email protected]