Job Title: Field Assistant
Location: Kwale County
Reports To: Agricultural Extension Officer
Purpose of the Job: The job holder will be responsible for: preparing physical plan; facilitating training; controlling work and cost; liaising with outgrowers and community leaders; implementing working guidelines and manuals; and preparation of periodic reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishes farmers working groups to enhance proper communication and sharing of limited resources.
- Coordinates the distribution of agricultural inputs.
- Facilitates the availability and reimbursement of loans/credits to farmers.
- Manages and facilitates the recording of all material and labor resources diverted to outgrowers.
- Coordinates and facilitates logistical and technical support for land development, seedbed preparation, cane cultivation, harvesting, loading and transporting.
- Offers technical support and advisory services to farmers in conducting field adaptation/demonstrations /observation trials, technology transfer, problem assessment and surveys (soil, plant, cane sampling), etc.
- Facilitates trainings, field days, visits, etc. for outgrowers
- Coordinate the planting and harvesting operations as per set schedules.
- Advises farmers on proper utilization of inputs and cane money to improve their livelihood.
- Facilitates and implements the recommended on-farm research.
- Coordinates and facilitates the maintenance of road networks.
- Records performance monitoring and evaluation data;
- As deemed necessary, carries out other tasks assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma/certificate in agriculture or related fields
- 0-2years relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet stipulated deadlines.
- Display professional demeanor with qualities such as strong work ethics, trustworthiness, and self confidence.
- Strong influencing skills and consultative skills to bring efficiency and pro – activeness.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Excellent organizational, time and stress management skills
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge & you meet the above minimum qualifications and experience send your Application letter along with your Current CV as One Word Document, and a daytime telephone contact to; The Human Resource Manager P.O Box 46279-00100 Nairobi.
OR email [email protected]
Deadline: 22nd Aug 2015
The Subject of your mail should be ”Field Assistant”.