Job Title: Field Auditor Officer
Organization: M-KOPA Solar Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance Manager
About M-KOPA Ltd:
M-KOPA Solar, headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, is the global leader of “pay-as-you-go” energy for off-grid customers. Since its commercial launch in October 2012, M-KOPA has connected more than 150,000 homes in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania to solar power, and is now adding over 600 new homes each day. The success of M-KOPA (M= mobile, KOPA= to borrow) stems from making solar products affordable to low-income households on a pay-per-use installment plan. Customers acquire solar systems for a small deposit and then purchase daily usage “credits” for US $0.45, or less than the price of traditional kerosene lighting. After one year of payments customers own their solar systems outright and can upgrade to more power. All revenues are collected in real-time via mobile money systems (such as M-PESA in Kenya) and embedded GSM sensors in each solar system allow M-KOPA to monitor real time performance and regulate usage based upon payments. This connected design means that M-KOPA is processing vast amounts of data (i.e. over 10,000 mobile payments per day) via the company’s proprietary cloud platform, M-KOPAnet. M-KOPA has been recognized for its pioneering business mode and scale, notably winning the 2015 Zayed Future Energy Prize, being selected as the top New Energy Pioneer at the 2014 Bloomberg New Energy Finance awards and earning the 2013 FT/IFC Excellence in Sustainable Finance Award.
Job Summary: The Field Auditor Officer will perform Service Centre stock audits in conformance with set audit guidelines with the objective of attaining compliance with inventory best practices.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct routine Service Centre stock audits, prepare and submit reports and findings in line with MKOPA stock audit checklist
- Keenly analyse stock audit results and propose recommendation to improve compliance of SC
- Regular review data and follow up on audit findings and recommendations
- Verify physical stock within a given Service Centre/M-KOPA Shop by liaising with customer Agent Care to perform reconciliations and investigations on stock variances.
- Assess various aspects of a SC from product/MKOPA processes knowledge, work practices at the SC like documentation
- Work closely with Audit Supervisor to ensure we have audit observations and concerns communicated in good time
- Execute of processes and procedures that ensures all stakeholders have accurate information in a timely manner.
- Codify working knowledge into replicable service offerings.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a degree in Accounting/Finance or related field.
- One year of experience in Audit or Finance in a busy organization
- Working knowledge of audit practices
- Knowledge in MKOPA systems an added advantage
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong process management
- Analytical, Self-managed, self-motivated, result oriented and able to manage and perform under extreme pressure.
- High standards in organizing and planning
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and up-to-date CVs to: [email protected] addressed to:
The Human Resource & Administration Manager,
M-KOPA Uganda Limited,
Plot 12 Eric Magala Road, Entebbe. Uganda
Deadline: 15th March 2016