Field Logistics & Procurement Officer jobs at VSF Germany
Field Logistics & Procurement Officer – Cueibet
VSF SOUTH SUDAN seeks to recruit A FIELD LOGISTICS AND PROCUREMNT OFFICER for a BMZ-funded livelihood project (2.8 Mio Euros) from October 2016 till July 2017, implemented in Lakes States, South Sudan. Duty station is Gok State (Cuibet County)
The initial contract will be for 12 months with possibility of extension dependent on performance. This position is based in Cueibet with travels to field locations. The post holder will undertake the following duties/ responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities of Field Logistics & Procurement Officer
- Support all project procurement process
- Participate in project procurement plans developmenet
- Responsible for al lproject input supplie transport and storage
- Ensure security of storage facilities
- Ensure proper records are kept as per the organisation policies
- Prepare monthly store recrods (inventories)
- Management the fleet assets
- Responsibe for all project drivers, mechanics etc
- Ensure that all communications equipment is operational, used in line with communications equipment policy and that requisite training provided to staff on usage protocols
- Oversee the maintenance of a live, up-to-date Fixed Asset Register ensuring all assets are labeled and current locations of all assets are known and reported,
- Ensure appropriate disposal of assets is followed in accordance with VSFG and donor guidelines,
- Make field visits to various project locations to ensure operationalization of systems and record keeping and offer on the job training as required.
- Attend to any other duties as assigned by operations manager.
Field Logistics & Procurement Officer Qualifications, Experience, Attributes & Skills required:-
- Minimum Diploma in procurement and supplies chain management/logistics or its equivalent.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in logistics management with an INGO/International Agency with significant procurement and logistics functions or its equivalent.
- Good spoken and written English is essential, Arabic is desirable.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft packages, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Previous experience in remote management is highly desirable
- Experience in managing staff and ability to operate in an insecure and dynamic environment
The position reports to the Project Coordinator based in Cueibet with technical support from Operations Manager based in Juba
How to Apply
- Interested and qualified candidates should submit an application letter and CV plus 3 names of referees (one of them being their immediate supervisor) with their full contacts to: via email address to HR & Administration, VSF Germany, [email protected] and [email protected]
- Include the current and expected remuneration package. Indicate the job Title ‘Field Logistics and Procurement Officer Cueibet” on the envelope or the Subject line.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 21st October 2016, before 12:00 am midnight.
- This is a national position. Qualified females are highly encouraged to apply.
- Disclaimer: VSF Germany does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents