Job Title: Accountability Field Officer
Organization: Friends of Christ Revival (FOC-REV) Ministries
Reports to: Program Manager
Friends of Christ Revival (FOC-REV) Ministries Uganda is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political, inter-denominational charitable organization that was established in 1999 by a group of volunteers as a response to a crisis caused by HIV &AIDS and poverty in rural communities in Uganda. FOC-REV Ministries Uganda exists to work with the poor and marginalized rural people to improve their livelihood and increase self-reliance through education support, health services advocacy, food security and networking.
Job Summary: The ACT Health Accountability Field Officer will primarily be responsible for serving as a frontline staff of the project to mobilize citizens’ groups user communities and service providers to participate in the different stages of the project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Mentor and train community structures (VHTs, HUMCs) in their assigned Locations
• The incumbent will also implement project activities as per agreed up on plan of action
• Organize and coordinate dialogue meetings and action plans using SA tools
• Ensure that the interests, demands and preferences of marginalized members at the community, particularly women, children, the elderly the disabled and people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHAs) are taken into account in every aspect of the project implementation process
• In charge of preparing the documentation of work in communities by use of the following:
o Use basic reporting format to capture details of community activities and send on a timely manner to the Health Accountability Manager
o Use most significant Change process and document stories from communities
• Represent FOC-REV Ministries in National, and international conferences, workshops and meetings to share and disseminate research reports, best practices and other Project documentaries on Health accountability
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in social science, community development and any relevant academic qualifications
• Strong and verbal, presentation and participatory facilitation skills in local language
• Fluent in speaking, writing, presentation and participatory facilitation skills in local languages and English
• Prior experience of working with communities
• Skills in civic empowerment
• Excellent mobilisation skills
• Ability to travel extensively, work and live in remote and hard to reach areas.
• Prior experience directly implementing and employing a distinct social accountability methodology is desired
• Excellent verbal, presentation and participatory facilitation skills in English
• Strong computer literacy skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their updated CVs, cover letters and relevant documentation via email or hand deliver to the Executive Director, FOC-REV, Emunnu Complex, Plot 10 Busia Municipality.
Email to: [email protected]
Deadline: Monday, 7th September 2015 by 5:00 pm
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interviews.