The Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops
Introduction: The KCCB – General Secretariat is the National Administrative, facilitative and Coordinative arm through which the KCCB implements and co-ordinates various Pastoral programs at the National level and undertakes all those responsibilities which express the mission of the Catholic Church in Kenya.
KCCB is seeking to fill the following key positions in her Commission for Education and Religious EducationCommunity Social Worker / Field Officer
to be based in Nyanza (Siaya and Homa-Bay Counties)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting interviews with adolescents and their families to assess and review their situation;
- Undertaking and writing up assessments (sometimes in collaboration with other professionals), which meet specified standards and timescales;
- Offering information, basic counseling and psychosocial support to adolescent girls and young women and their families;
- Coordinating, organizing and managing packages of support and interventions to enable adolescents lead the fullest lives possible;
- Liaising with, and making appropriate referrals while tracking completed referrals for adolescents to other agencies;
- Participating in multidisciplinary teams and meetings relevant to the interventions at the respective county assembly, including child protection related meetings
- Maintaining accurate records using reporting tools and preparing timely reports for action;
- Participating in trainings, supervision and team meetings;
- Observing Ethical principles in social/community work.
- A Diploma in Social work, Community Development OR Counselling Psychology, a Degree will be an added advantage
- At least two years of experience in social work or community development work especially with children or adolescents and their families in HIV case management, GBV including child abuse and familiarity with social protection interventions.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- A team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- A good knowledge of social teachings of the Church.
How to Apply
- Applications should be addressed to:- General Secretary Kenya Conference Of Catholic Bishops –General Secretariat P.O Box 13475-00800 Nairobi.
- [email protected] or [email protected] To reach him on or before 30th June 2016
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted