The action will be implemented directly by VSFG through collaboration with key stakeholders including; local authorities, South West Livestock Professional Association (SOWELPA), Private sector, and Community groups to ensure the success and achievement of the set objectives. To effectively implement this project VSFG is seeking to employ a Field Office who has adequate expertise and experience in promotion of community participation in innovations in the dairy and meat value chain.
Purpose of the job: To provide technical expertise and support in planning, implementation, monitoring, reporting and communication to the Senior Project Officer and Project Manager. The Field Officer will be in charge of direct implementation of project activities.
Location: Dollow or Luuq district field locations with travels to Head Office in Dollow as may be required from time to time.
Direction: The position holder will work under the guidance and in close cooperation with the Senior Project Officer and in collaboration with all field staff. He is directly responsible for community mobilization and actual activity implementation.
Field Officer Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with the Senior Project Officer and by extension Project Manger to gather information and materials used with the beneficiaries and local communities.
- Conduct both structured and unstructured trainings of the community on the implementation of various project activities; community awareness, organizing of training venues, distribution of project input to beneficiaries, etc.
- Oversee implementation of all project activities by beneficiaries in selected villages
- Interact with the community and compiles report for the Senior Project Officer.
- Conduct community meetings to update them on progress of the implementation
- Mobilize the community in the selection of project beneficiaries for monitoring, supervision & accountability.
- Mobilize the community to ensure their participation in appraisal of progress of the project.
- Provide periodic updates to the Senior Project Officer /Project Manager on the progress of activities in the Field.
- Organize and plan for community sensitization meetings on various project aspects.
- Conduct house hold field visits to assess the needs and progress of activities implementation.
- Collect data for baseline surveys e.g. beneficiary profiles, market surveys etc.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Line Manager.
Minimum Qualifications for the Field Officer Job
- At least a Diploma qualification in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Agricultural Science, Animal Science, or similar discipline.
- At least 3 years working experience as a Field Officer (or similar position) in implementation of donor-funded projects.
- At least 3 years working experience in emergency interventions linked to Cash for work, Food security and livelihood or working with community based groups in similar activities.
- Experience in liaison with national and international actors in community based interventions, gender and youth issues.
- Good knowledge in monitoring and documentation of knowledge management.
- Ability to promote team work for effective and efficient output.
- Fluency in spoken and written English will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested persons should submit their application and CV to the following Email addresses: [email protected] indicating the position, thus; “Field Officer –Gedo Region, Somalia ”. The closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 18th November, 2016. However, assessment of the applications received will be done on a continuous basis until a suitable candidate is identified. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.