Job Description: Field Officer, Hargeisa
About Action Africa Help International: Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is an African-led, regional organisation, working in East and Southern Africa to improve the lives of livelihood-challenged communities.
AAH-I has country programmes in Kenya, Somaliland, Somalia, South Sudan, Uganda, and Zambia.
It brings over 20 years’ experience working with communities in conflict and post-conflict situations, including refugees, internally displaced people and host communities.
More recently, it has expanded its activities to work with other marginalised communities, including pastoralist communities and communities in urban slums.
AAH-I works with communities, local governments and other development partners in:
- Basic services (health, education, water, hygiene and sanitation)
- Food and income security
- Environmental management and responsiveness to climate change
- Governance, civil society strengthening and peace building
- Humanitarian relief and recovery
- Research to provide the evidence base for, and to improve delivery of, the above.
Job Role: The Field Officer, will be based in Hargeisa with regular visits to all field/site locations.
As part of the implementation of food security and livelihood activities, the staff will monitor all aspects of project implementation, including community mobilization, identify and selection of beneficiaries, training project beneficiaries, M&E, documentation, standardization, in compliance with AAHI and donor’s policies and procedures.
The staff will consult closely at all times with his/her supervisor and Manager.
- Assist project officers in the implementation of livelihoods interventions for AAHI Somaliland
- Fully participate implementation income generation, agriculture, and micro enterprises development activities.
- Participate in developing work plans and attend meetings.
- Ensure that proper sensitization and awareness amongst beneficiaries ensuring all project procedures and policies of project implementation are followed
- Prepare and submit regular weekly updates, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting to Project Officer as per agreed format.
- Participate in distribution activities for at the project sites
- Provide advice and facilitate training of target beneficiaries.
- Liaise with the community leaders in identifying target groups for AAHI livelihood activities in urban, peri urban and IDPs settlements
- Assist or empower the community to enable them to manage their issue by themselves and be able to sustain projects
- Establish community participation in project implementation taking in to consideration issue regarding Age, gender, and diversity
- Regular monitor activities implementation and report to the project Officer
- Coordinate and facilitate the needs assessment survey of Refugees, IDPs and urban poor areas in collaboration with other staff, INGO or government.
- Any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reporting Arrangements: This position will report to the project Officer in Hargeisa.
Essential skills and experienceEssential:
Essential skills and experienceEssential:
- Diploma or University degree in Social Science, Business Administration, Agriculture, Community Development, or any other relevant field of education.
- Minimum of two years working experience in livelihoods, community development, and/or community mobilization.
- Familiar with Progress out of poverty analytical skills and tools for PoCs at the bottom of the Pyramid
- Experience working with Non-Governmental organizations, UN agencies and local communities
- Good command in English, Somali, Arabic -spoken and written
- Good communication skills and ability to conduct training
- Good Computer skills, organizational and people centered management skills
- Ability to represent the organization in key meetings.
- Good communicator in working with local communities, local NGOs and local authorities Qualification and working experience in income generation, agriculture, and micro enterprises development.
- Good negotiator in working with local NGOs and local authorities
- Social science, agriculture, livestock or rural development graduate or with years of experience
- Experience in livelihoods, micro enterprise, agriculture, or livestock management project
- Ability to speak and write English, Arabic and Somali Language
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Only Somaliland National candidates can apply for this vacancy.
- An application letter should include contact information for three work – related referees.
How to Apply
- If you meet the above qualifications and requirements and interested in the Job, please apply in confidence. The deadline for applications is 31st July 2016 at 04:30 pm.
- Applicants should send with a cover letter and their CV to the email address [email protected] Please put “Field Officer – Hargeisa as the subject heading. CVs should not be longer than 3 pages Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Female candidates are encouraged to apply!